GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used or heard of getting a family discount. My stepdad in Virginia is s GM buyer and I mentioned it to him and he hadn't heard of such a thing. We already ordered our Acadia and waiting for it in Alaska where we live. If anyone knows, is there a discount, how much, and would I want to talk the price down then tell them about the discount? Or do you get a certain discount and that is as low as it goes, no haggling? Any info would be great! Also, has anyone heard of any incentives? :help:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
In the past I worked for a company where I got the GM employee discount. Not only could I get it for me, but I could get if for any of my family. I would just go on line and apply for the discount and then take the discount number to the dealer for a no hassle deal. The price ends up being a few hundred under invoice and then you can take any rebates off that as well.

I don't know if you stepdad qualifies for the GM employee discount, but at the time I got it I was an employee of DirecTV who was owned by Hughes Electronics who was owned by GM at the time. My guess is that he qualifies for this discount.

Here is a link that may help. https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discount depends on the program. If he gets GMS which is GM employee it is more than likely below invoice. My friend got GMS and it was like 4000 off sticker. If it is GM Supplier then it is probably about 2000 off sticker which is around invoice. I have used my supplier pricing twice and given a discount to a friend once. You could probably do better than supplier by haggling but then you have to spend time haggling and my time is worth more than I could save by haggling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I LOVE this site, everyone is so helpfull, it's like living in a small town, thank you everyone!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Acadia is still hugely popular so I doubt you could get a better deal than invoice on one and Supplier Pricing is a bit below invoice but the dealer gets re-imbursed a little from GM on a Supplier deal. I would crucify any of my managers for offering below invoice on an Acadia right now. As a matter of fact, we are still able to sell Enclaves at MSRP.

Even at $1500 above invoice, the Acadia is a heck of a deal on a car that gets 24MPG.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Carl Black Manager said:
The Acadia is still hugely popular so I doubt you could get a better deal than invoice on one and Supplier Pricing is a bit below invoice but the dealer gets reimbursed a little from GM on a Supplier deal. I would crucify any of my managers for offering below invoice on an Acadia right now. As a matter of fact, we are still able to sell Enclaves at MSRP.

Even at $1500 above invoice, the Acadia is a heck of a deal on a car that gets 24MPG.
Carl Black Manager:
supplier pricing is not under invoice. For the typical Acadia it is about $600 over invoice. The GM employee discount is a few hundred under invoice, but that is different from the GM supplier pricing.

$1500 over invoice is a crime!!!
$1000 over invoice is fair, but not a great deal.
$600 over invoice (roughly the supplier pricing) is a pretty good deal, but not great.
The GM employee discount which is under invoice is fantastic, but not everyone should get this or it would not be a benefit to the GM employees.

I would expect that a dealer would give supplier pricing to anyone that was educated or that person should turn around and walk out. Every GMC dealer I worked with while looking for my Acadia was willing to sell at $300 over invoice. I went with the dealer that I have been working with for 15 years as they not only gave me flat invoice, but the service dept gave me $500 off as a loyal customer. I was also able to tack my $3000 from my GM card onto that, but that really has nothing to do with the dealer pricing.

Bottom line is that before anyone buys a car, they need to become educated and tell the dealer what price they will pay. If the dealer won't do it, they should walk out.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My dealer started the negotiations at invoice price and we went from there. No way I would have been willing to go for $1500 over invoice.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
In May, MSRP was $33,183, -$3,033 w FAMILY discount - another $500.00 incentative + 5% tax is what we paid. In and out of dealer with new car in 2 hours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The problem with living in Alaska is there is one dealership selling Acadia's. Point being, I can't just walk out if I am to get the car I want. They don't care too much because they know the same car will sell to someone else with no problem. These cars are selling themselves so it feels like we don't have the leverage necessary to get the price down. We will soon see. My car should be here by the end of the month. They gave us an MSRP of $38,000 - how low from that number should I expect?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts