GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 week old Acadia SLt-2 w/AWD. I converted from a Lexus GX470 because I needed a car with captains seats in the second row. The car is very nice with one major exception. While in Reverse in my driveway the car will roll forward down my sloping decline driveway. My Lexus never did this as the car held its gear and power. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

When I took the car to the dealership they said this was behaving as design and that while Odd there is no repair for the car.

We have very small children and we definitely feel this is a MAJOR safety issue. I think back to the AUDI 5000 accidents and injuries from years past.

So I called the GMC Support Center and asked if they could tell me if there is a recall or repair. They didn't have any information on any recalls. I asked what is my recourse and they said that since there is no repair I can go to through arbitration at the BBB.

Thoughts / Reactions and help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have experienced this with every car I have owned since 1980. One toyota, 1 mazda and 3 gm vehicles. When I first got a standard transmission it was partly because I was scared to death about roll back on hills while trying to shift. Every car I have owned will roll back while in drive if on a hill. This is normal and not a problem with your car.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Keith said:
I have experienced this with every car I have owned since 1980. One toyota, 1 mazda and 3 gm vehicles. When I first got a standard transmission it was partly because I was scared to death about roll back on hills while trying to shift. Every car I have owned will roll back while in drive if on a hill. This is normal and not a problem with your car.
Agreed.

There is another thread around here discussing this very issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts