GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had several people now approach me about the Acadia and how I like it, etc. In fact, just yesterday a co-worker saw a picture of my Acadia at my desk and asked if it was mine and what I thought about it. It was tough to have to tell him it's currently in the shop. LOL

I've been referring all these people to this forum for further research of their own. I can tell them how much I love my Acadia until the cows come home, but that's just one opinion. I think this forum is a vast wealth of information on the Acadia and that's exactly what I tell people when I say they should visit here. Hopefully they have taken my advice. :thumb:

I love this place, the people who frequent it are always friendly and helpful, and I definitely <3 my Acadia.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've had people come up to me in restaurants, coffe shops, the post office... I always take the time to tell people how happy I am with the Acadia and answer any questions they have about the vehicle. I've probably spoken with no fewer than 6-8 people (over the past 5 months) that have come up to me and asked if "that was my Acadia"! I, too, tell them about this site. ;D

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was part of DSM (Diamond Star Motors...ie Mitsubishi Eclipse, Starion/Conquest , Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser) car club and for the chicago chapter we had little business cards made up with the club name, a car logo, and the web address. I always had a stack of them in my Eclipse and would hand them out to other people who approached me. Many of them would join the group and mentioned my tactic when they were on board.

·
Registered
212 Posts
imgntht said:
I was part of DSM (Diamond Star Motors...ie Mitsubishi Eclipse, Starion/Conquest , Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser) car club and for the chicago chapter we had little business cards made up with the club name, a car logo, and the web address. I always had a stack of them in my Eclipse and would hand them out to other people who approached me. Many of them would join the group and mentioned my tactic when they were on board.
imgntht... I wonder if we crossed paths before. Back during my "rice car" days, I used to own a modified Eclipse Spyder GST. I followed the DSM forum a bit and joined in on some of the Chicago chapter outings (Schaumburg Hooters, Wisc Union Grove Dragyway). I can't remember his name, but there was one Chicago Eclipse member who had a heavily modified Eclipse (hppy4u was his plates).

Fast foward 10-12 years, 3 kids later, a marriage, and a mortgage and I'm now into "family oriented" vehicles. That's what brought me here to the Acadia forum (as well as the honda forums for my other vehicle).

Anways jumping back on topic here... I also used to have the business cards imagntht is talking about. I also had the club logo for DSM as well as hondapilot.org for my honda pilot on the back window of my cars. Would be nice to have a small little vinyl logo for Acadiafoum.net here.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Rufio said:
imgntht... I wonder if we crossed paths before. Back during my "rice car" days, I used to own a modified Eclipse Spyder GST. I followed the DSM forum a bit and joined in on some of the Chicago chapter outings (Schaumburg Hooters, Wisc Union Grove Dragyway). I can't remember his name, but there was one Chicago Eclipse member who had a heavily modified Eclipse (hppy4u was his plates).
Yeah we were part of the same club...hppy4u was Dan Kim's car. He later changed them to RU FAST 8. Great guy, in fact I believe he was one of the original members. I first met him at some import car show on a jr. college campus up north somewhere...can't remember the name, started with a 'D' I think? I have a picture of his car and mine next to each other at Busse Woods.

The 2nd pic is mine back in '03.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts