GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually seen one of these on the road? I saw one maybe 2 months ago but none since. However Lambdas are all over the place (even a Traverse). Are they just in limited production or not selling well?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah I have seen a couple, they are godawful ugly, I dont know what Ford was thinking when it put those funny raised lines down the side........ It reminds me of one of those Scions, only bigger...

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's new age thinking. The uglier you are the more you are looked at. Kids today love to be looked at. Yungins! :)

(Gees, I'm only in my 40's and sounding like I'm getting older. I'm turning into my dad! AAAAAHHH!!!! lol!)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have seen the Ford Flex and I agree it is one ugly vehicle. I have not driven one either. I hope it performs better than it looks.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I have thankfully been spared of a Flex sighting so far. ;D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hmm, I kind of like the Flex look. It's different- I had thought about getting one, but it's not roomy enough, nor is the interior close to the feel of the Acadia. If it were 10k less, I think it'd be selling much more. At around 28k+, it's just too much for too little.

I've seen quite a few around my part of town though. It's nice to see new cars around.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I saw one in Lincoln, NE after a Husker game a few weeks ago. It's even uglier in person. JMO, but I have not seen an uglier design since the Pontiac Aztek.

I've dubbed it the "Maxi Cooper" because it looks like an oversized, uglier, squarer rip-off of the Mini.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's similar in design to a Scion XB, so if you dont' like that design- then you probably won't like the flex. Seems like there's a bunch of Ford haters here though. Interesting...

·
Registered
427 Posts
My company car was a 2007 Ford Freestyle (it was just replaced with a Fusion ...)

I have to say, the Freestyle/Taurus X was HIGHLY underrated. It's a great vehicle - lots of room, well-built, plenty of performance ...

The Flex is really the next-gen Taurus X, but I'd rather have seen the X stick around ... it was a great vehicle for its size and price.

Of course, it's no Acadia, but hey... nothing else is. (Well, except for a Traverse... or Outlook... or Enclave... but that's it... for now :)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
4LitreRR said:
Seems like there's a bunch of Ford haters here though. Interesting...
Not really, I just don't like ugly vehicles, JMHO though. ;D I like the Edge styling just fine and the redesigned Fusion looks pretty sharp too. I even like the looks of the '09 F-150, but think the F-Super Duty front end is butt ugly. GM has put out more than its fair share of turds too (Aztec and most other Pontiacs that had all the Rubbermaid plastic cladding spring to mind :p )

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm just curious why there are so few on the road. I see 3-4 lambdas per day (not including the one in my driveway) but never see a Flex.

·
Registered
37 Posts
They don't sell well because of the crazy high cost. I can't believe they start at 28K. That's 2k more than a Honda Odyssey. I see a few around town here. I don't think they thought a whole lot about what market they were aiming for.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
GeoHawk said:
I have thankfully been spared of a Flex sighting so far. ;D
:ditto: :deadhorse: :notworthy:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Someone said the sides of the Flex resembled layers of Armco welded together?!?!?! And they charge you extra to paint the roof white or something goofy like that? Paint it yellow and call it a school bus...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just looked at the pics of the Ford Flex on the web and it has got to be one of the uggliest cars that I have ever seen. Seriously... if someone gave me one for FREE I don't think I would want to be seen in it. I thought the Scion and Honda Element were ugly, but this looks worse. Plus, they usually look better in pictures than they do in real life, so I can't imagine what this looks like on the streets. Uggh. I must be getting old or something.

·
Registered
428 Posts
4LitreRR said:
It's similar in design to a Scion XB, so if you dont' like that design- then you probably won't like the flex. Seems like there's a bunch of Ford haters here though. Interesting...
Well lets see you are on a forum about a GM vehicle and most of us GM drivers dont like Fords. Ever heard of the age old Chevy - Ford rivalry???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts