GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening Acadia Lovers
This is the first post I've posted to this forum, but I've been a member for a while now. I have a 2009 Acadia SLT and I am wanting to install LED strip lighting in the foot wells under the front dash and underneath the backs of the front seats to light up the foot wells in the back seat area. Simple installation, I know. However, what I want to do is install them, from a wiring perspective, so that the LED strip lights come on when I open the doors, kinda like the courtesy dome lights, but I also want to install a switch that powers the LED strip lights on when I am driving. Because I have daylight driving headlights with Diode Dynamic LEDs installed, I thought I would tap into one of the 2 headlight fuses in the engine compartment and run the wire into the interior to the switch. That way, when I click the unlock button on my keyfob, like the headlights, the LED strips would power up as I open the door. But I would also be able to turn them on/off with the switch, that I would install so that while the car is in motion (provided the headlights are on - which they always are - being daylight running headlights) the LED lights would be on as well.
My question is: how and where would I run the power wire from the engine bay fuse box (where the headlight fuses are located), through the firewall and into the interior cabin in order to wire up and install the power switch? I know how to wire up the switch and jumper off the fuse, but given that the engine bay is so tight in space, I was wondering if anyone knew of a method to fish that wire through the firewall?? My apologies if this question has been covered in other posts; I've spent about 45 minutes searching the forum here and didn't find anything. Many, many thanks to anyone who can provide assistance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts