GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once in a while we need to carry something that the net doesn't handle very well, but still needs containment of a sort. We found an interesting solution in a collapsible "milk crate" type of box. We ordered them from Organize-It-Online.com. The link to the bin is http://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_collapsecrate.html.

Here are a few pictures of them for your interest and edification.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey, now that is cool!

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is a great idea. We use 2 plastic containers found at walmart, $6 each. They fit great in the back of the envoy we had, now they fit great behind Acadia's 3rd row seats. Makes it easy to carry groceries etc in without numerous trips.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
FANTASTIC!!!! I can't tell you how tired I am of my groceries flopping around in the back of the Acadia. And it's not like I'm driving like a mad-woman either. My Vue had a pop-up crate that folded down into the floor of the rear storage that would contain groceries very nicely. I have REALLY missed that with my Acadia. I just ordered myself two of these crates.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just ordered two myself. My wife's friend has a Vue and that was a cool feature that I wish the Acadia has.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
jfencl said:
I just ordered two myself. My wife's friend has a Vue and that was a cool feature that I wish the Acadia has.
My Vue was awesome. I loved it. But the appeal of the Acadia was stronger than my love of the Vue. ;D I wish the Acadia had that collapsible storage too. I lost a head of lettuce in my Acadia once for two days after grocery shopping. I forgot I had bought it. It must have rolled out of the bag. I found it under one of the captain's chairs in my Acadia. Oy.

Okay reading that is making me laugh, but it's true! It really did happen. And lettuce isn't cheap around here either. ::)

·
Registered
164 Posts
The folding containers now come with removable lids. They are some of the most useful things to have in the back of a car.

I miss the folding storage in my VUE as well...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would one of the Folding Storage Bins be big enough to hold cold weather gear (sleeping bag, heavy boots, etc...)? They look pretty good!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Snoukems said:
Would one of the Folding Storage Bins be big enough to hold cold weather gear (sleeping bag, heavy boots, etc...)? They look pretty good!
The bins are about 20x13 and 10 high, so a sleeping bag won't fit, at least the 30 year old models we have. Boots would probably fit, as well as water bottles, food, lanterns or flashlights, hats and gloves, and other small survival supplies.

·
Registered
812 Posts
similar items like that can be purchase on your local hardware stores like LOEWS, MENARDS or HOME DEPOT, etc., check it out they might be cheaper than going online...

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
SioXie said:
similar items like that can be purchase on your local hardware stores like LOEWS, MENARDS or HOME DEPOT, etc., check it out they might be cheaper than going online...
Possibly true, but my experience has taught me that I can always find things cheaper online than at the actual store. Plus shopping online, many times you avoid paying sales tax. Yea yeah, before anyone says what about shipping charges... I don't wanna hear it. LOL I love shopping online. I do all my Christmas shopping online too. People in stores drive me nuts. People in stores with their kids during the holidays drive me even more nuts. But that's for another thread...

These collapsible storage bins have been working GREAT in the Acadia. It makes grocery shopping easier and certainly helps my kid out when it's time for him to lug everything into the house. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Web Raven said:
These collapsible storage bins have been working GREAT in the Acadia. It makes grocery shopping easier and certainly helps my kid out when it's time for him to lug everything into the house. :thumb:
Why not do the grocery shopping on line too?? :angel:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
GAR said:
Web Raven said:
Why not do the grocery shopping on line too?? :angel:
I've seriously looked into it! Peapod! But I didn't have enough time to really investigate whether the prices were that much cheaper or not. I go up to Kenosha, WI to a store called Woodman's. There's no food sales tax there. And everything is very reasonably priced and a wide variety. So groceries seem to be the one thing that I haven't actually found cheaper elsewhere. Woodman's is 24 hours so I can go in the middle of the night and avoid people and their darling children.

I know, I'm such a people person. ::)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Shopping online For-The-Win!

For groceries, not so much. We buy tons of produce and I wouldn't trust someone else to select it for us.

·
Registered
51 Posts
miken -- based on your recommendation, we ordered two of this bins and just love them! The gray ones are a great match for our light titanium interior, they fold up & down easily, and hold a lot of groceries or other stuff. And they're lightweight enough that you can pick it up fully loaded and haul it into the house. Thanks for telling us about them!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
249 Posts
jfencl said:
Shopping online For-The-Win!

For groceries, not so much. We buy tons of produce and I wouldn't trust someone else to select it for us.
:ditto:

I'm fine with the boxed and canned things, but I'm just not comfortable with getting my fresh produce delivered that way. I think of how often I pick something up and put it back down (didn't pass my test :) ) and I know someone else packing it for me wouldn't really care.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts