GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed their fog light chrome trim rings loose. I just washed my 2009 yesterday and the chrome trim rings are loose. The drivers side feels worse then the right side. The lens itself feels tight. I wanted some feedback before I try to remove the lights to check it.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I just waxed mine over the weekend. The rings were only very slightly movable. I didn't investigate any further on how to get to the back of them.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
The trim rings on mine are loose too. I can't remember if they spin or not, but they are not tight against the lens.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I get a chance I am going to stop by the dealers parts dept and take a look at the break down picture to see if I can get a idea how there held in. I don't what to pull it apart yet.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
That makes sense; the clips on the back of the ring allow for some looseness; nice find and a part # to go with it :thumb:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The clips appear to be all that holds it. I stopped by the dealers parts dept and found the same type picture with the clips. I check an Acadia in the shop and both were tight. I just hope the clips on the really loose one aren't damaged. Time will tell. I will check it later.

Bobby

1 - 7 of 7 Posts