GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a problem/issue with the fog lamps needing to be turned on manually every time you want to use them? I've always had fog lamps that turn on with the headlights. I wonder if there's a way to make them turn on automatically with the headlights?

The 2nd row floor mats for my Acadia don't cover the area between the captains chairs, and the way the holes and pegs are placed on the mats they buckle on both sides. I wonder if maybe I have the wrong mats. I didn't specify mats when I ordered, but got them. I've seen a few posts where some of you didn't get mats with your Acadia. I thought it automatically came with the package.

Those of you with captains chairs in the 2nd row - do the mats cover the area between the captains chairs?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same issue with the 2nd row mats here! Small coverage, and they do come loose from their restraints very easily. I wonder if the all weather mats solve this.

-- Pierre

·
Registered
681 Posts
paslemieux said:
Same issue with the 2nd row mats here! Small coverage, and they do come loose from their restraints very easily. I wonder if the all weather mats solve this.

-- Pierre
The all weather 2nd row mats are actually 2 seperate pieces and it does not exend into the space between the Captains chairs, the 3rd row all weathers do have a piece that extends between the chairs - as far a staying mounted on the pegs.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think the fog lamps have to be turned on each time you want to use them, when you turnt he keys off they go off and do not retain that setting each time you start the car - I do not know of any way to change that setting and make them turn on automatically each time you headlights are turned on, nothing noted in the manual.

·
Registered
405 Posts
john your right. They do this becasue if you live in an area were every thing has to be a law, the fog lights can only be on in bad weather. which is what i was told by a cop who i know, he might be wrong but ever since he told me i am better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rollin' Thunder - ur cop friend is right....One time up her in ny cops were giving out tickets for having your fog lamps on and the weather is not bad. Usually they don't bust your chops for it, but if you're being a [email protected], they'll hit you for everything....

Rollin' Thunder said:
john your right. They do this becasue if you live in an area were every thing has to be a law, the fog lights can only be on in bad weather. which is what i was told by a cop who i know, he might be wrong but ever since he told me i am better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The lights on my 97 Grand Prix got so bad (filmy) that I wouldn't be able to see if it weren't for the fog lights. I also like how sporty they look. My grand Prix lights come on automatically with the headlights, but also have a switch so you can turn them off if you wish. I will just have to get used to pushing that fog lamp button. I don't think the headlights give enough coverage alone, especially during deer season! :eek:

·
Registered
405 Posts
do you have hids's i dont even notice mine when my hid's are on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts