GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I picked up my new Acadia. Nice! This morning, while commuting, I did my typical FM channel surfing. I've noticed that the reception for distant stations is not as good as in my Honda Odyssey or Lexus GS. I also noticed that for the local stations, the higher end frequencies would seemingly cut out, the net effect being the sound would go flat (muddy), then back to full spectrum, then flat, then back. I think this is caused by the FM frequencies bouncing off of the high rise buildings, but I've never heard it this bad.

Has anyone else noticed that their FM reception isn't quite up to par with previously owned vehicles?

·
Registered
118 Posts
have not noticed that with mine in the dallas area, but most of the time i'm either listening to sports talk on am or to xm. i'll start listening to more fm and see if the reception is normal or lacking.

i was surprised on my short trip on wednesday how far i was able to pick up the local sports station on am.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luvmyacadia said:
FM?? Whats that?? :eek:hno: XM is the one to listen too! :thumb:
We already owned a portable Sirius radio, so no need for the XM. I read yesterday that the new combined entity of XM and Sirius is promising to offer a scaled back version of their service offering at a reduced price. I certainly don't need all of those stations, however, I'm locked in on a two year package, so I doubt we'll be taking advantage of it anytime soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
texas123 said:
have not noticed that with mine in the dallas area, but most of the time i'm either listening to sports talk on am or to xm. i'll start listening to more fm and see if the reception is normal or lacking.

i was surprised on my short trip on wednesday how far i was able to pick up the local sports station on am.
AM of course being a different beast. It skips off of the atmosphere. FM is line of sight. I'm in Toronto, but at night time I can listen to ball games from New York City to St. Louis on AM.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Secam said:
Last night I picked up my new Acadia. Nice! This morning, while commuting, I did my typical FM channel surfing. I've noticed that the reception for distant stations is not as good as in my Honda Odyssey or Lexus GS. I also noticed that for the local stations, the higher end frequencies would seemingly cut out, the net effect being the sound would go flat (muddy), then back to full spectrum, then flat, then back. I think this is caused by the FM frequencies bouncing off of the high rise buildings, but I've never heard it this bad.

Has anyone else noticed that their FM reception isn't quite up to par with previously owned vehicles?
I have the exact same issue! However, its one of many issues with my radio/speakers (the service dept has it now, will let you know the outcome). Issues:

hum from the speakers when the turn signal is on or vehicle chimes

engine "whine" coming through the speakers

OnStar is flat/muddy/staticy (I'd be curious if you experience the same - mine is evident just by pressing the phone button to make the vehicle talks) "Onstar Ready" sounds like "Onphsstar Readpphstdy"

FM drop in/out: I've never had it on any other vehicle

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
The FM reception in my Acadia is significantly better that I had my 2002 MDX.

I have not had any of the problems that Secam has. Hope they get it fixed for you.

Kelly

·
Registered
56 Posts
Secam said:

I have notice it also --- hoping others come forward and someone figures out the fix.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've had the same FM experience in Va as Kelly had in Salt Lake City--Acadia FM reception much better than our previous 2002 Acura MDX.

Truth be known, after I used it a couple days, used the MP3 Aux input and XM radio most of the time now.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Haven't noticed any significant difference in FM reception range in the Acadia over the prior Audi Allroad. But, except for close in driving in Metro DC, more on XM during the trial than on FM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts