GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owned 2014 Gmc Acadia slt1. I purchased Oem nav radio from infotainment had programmed for my vehicle never had an issue with am/ fm radio or XM or Navigation. Totaled 2014 bought a 2015 Gmc Acadia slt1. Have issues with Oem navigation radio getting FM stations to come in. Swapped the radio out of 2014 totalled Acadia to 2015 after having it VIN programed with the same Issues. Anyone else having reception issue with only FM stations? XM and NAVIGATION work normal. Is there something I am missing here? Thanks in Advance for any Insight.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Have you checked the antenna connections and cable to the antenna?
Also, try unscrewing the antenna and check for corrosion. Maybe get a new antenna, clean the threads and replace it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did unscrew antenna did not see any corrosion. I was going to try hook up an external antenna to the back of nav radio but still trying to figure what type connection it is or what you call it.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Did you inspect the entire antenna or just the mast?

Did you look under the headliner? My first guess would be there is corrosion and the antenna does not have a good ground.

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I owned 2014 Gmc Acadia slt1. I purchased Oem nav radio from infotainment had programmed for my vehicle never had an issue with am/ fm radio or XM or Navigation. Totaled 2014 bought a 2015 Gmc Acadia slt1. Have issues with Oem navigation radio getting FM stations to come in. Swapped the radio out of 2014 totalled Acadia to 2015 after having it VIN programed with the same Issues. Anyone else having reception issue with only FM stations? XM and NAVIGATION work normal. Is there something I am missing here? Thanks in Advance for any Insight.
I have a 2016 I just got in December. The XM worked fine but FM stations, even one I always listened to that was a strong signal was fading in and out. I looked online and found some answers in this group and one person said they had to replace their antenna base. So I took it right back to the dealer and explained what this other person had done and once they diagnosed it they said base and antenna both were bad and had to be replaced. Luckily I told them right away and the used car part of the dealership agreed to pay for it, and had a brand new loaner car. Bill ended up coming to over $500

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I kinda was leaning toward that myself base and antenna. No warranty so I will definitely do the job myself. Thanks there's really nothing else it could be unless the cable from the radio to antenna base is bad. In which I hope not. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well purchased the antenna base on hopes it would resolve FM issue. Not to hard to install and everything working like my old 2014 GMC. I was really hesitant after reading other reviews but the wife is good now. Happy wife happy life. 🙂

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
Well purchased the antenna base on hopes it would resolve FM issue. Not to hard to install and everything working like my old 2014 GMC. I was really hesitant after reading other reviews but the wife is good now. Happy wife happy life. 🙂
Good to know (y) ... about the antenna base, too. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts