GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have alot of fluid leaking from under the car. I think it is just water from the a/c but i am not sure. It leaks more so when we start the car. I notice it when my wife leaves the garage.

Should I be worried about this?
Is this normal with your vehicle?

I think the fluid is just water. It is clear and it doesnt have a smell.. that I can notice. We have already taken the car to the dealer to get the transmission seal replaced. I thought that was going to fix the issue.
We leave in houston (where it is freaking hot!) so I think it is just alot of condensation from the a/c.

FYI: if any one wants to know how much a part is, send me an email. I have access to all cars and most parts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sure sounds like AC condensation...especially if it's not oily, smelly, red in color, or appears to be coolant. Ours leaves some pretty good puddles in the garage after running the AC. Just can't remember off hand which side and where under the car. I wouldn't worry too much at all.

·
Registered
635 Posts
and you can see it in two spots, 1)under the engine and 2) under the backseat drivers side (I see that when I run the rear a/c).

·
Registered
428 Posts
I live in the Houston area too and I have the same liquid under the car. It is a/c condensation and perfectly normal. You will have a puddle under the engine area and one under the back of the car from the passenger side. :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in the Palm Springs area and of course it gets really hot here. I was really surprised by the size of the puddle left by the A/C in the garage, but that is what it was.

·
Registered
217 Posts
vogelm1 said:
Sure sounds like AC condensation...especially if it's not oily, smelly, red in color, or appears to be coolant.
:ditto: Just dab a little on your finger to make sure it is water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts