GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I might be the only one, but I went to jump my wife's van this morning and could not for the life of me, figure out how to get to the positive terminal under the little red cover. (I know the battery is not under the hood.) Anyway, I looked in the book and couldn't figure it out. I pried and pried and pried and then even came down to check this forum out to figure out what the heck I was doing wrong. Couldn't find it.

In a fit of anger, I finally noticed the hinge facing toward the front of the vehicle and pulled like heck on the back of the red cover, ready to break it off if needed. If finally flipped forward and I gashed my hand on something. Anyway, if anyone else has experienced this, or needs to jump another car, just be ready to reef on that sucker to get to the positive terminal.

FYI... ::)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mine flips up easily. Just put your finger on the bottom of the cover on the firewall side and pull up slightly.

Maybe you have a defective cover.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I jump started my wife's car a few weeks ago with my Acadia and didn't have any problems getting to the positive terminal. Off the top of my head I don't recall what exactly it looked like or what I did, but I don't recall having any problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts