GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2009 gmc acadia and this morning on my way to work I was merging on the highway and when I went to give gas the car would not kick down and go. All the sudden my cel did 3 quick flashes then went away an the car kicked down and took off like normal. It did not do it again the rest of the way to work. Anyone have similar issue?

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
The issue can be discussed better with trouble codes included in your description of the problem. A number of things could have caused the CEL to flash. Have the system scanned and find out if any codes are present.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a scan tool and there are no stored codes. Cel turned off right after ut happened

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Further update!!! Happened again but this time after the cel turned off it stored a code p303 which is cylinder 3 misfire. I replaced all plugs. Do you an idea what else it could be? I heard faulty injector would cause? So what i have noticed is whenever I'm merging onto the highway or give more then half throttle the cel would flash an its like traction kicks in because it gives no acceleration during the flashing. Once it stops flashing then It let's me accelerate. Again cel does not stay on, only flashes during the misfire then goes away. Has happened twice in one week I am starting to get concerned.

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
Could be carbon buildup on the intake valves. You'll find several threads in the forum about how to remedy that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts