GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up my acadia yesterday. took four weeks. no option left behind. i am real excited. i have one operational question: when the running lights are on, i notice that i can't "flash my brights" when i pull the switch back. nothing happens. is this right or am i doing something wrong??? thx.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't have mine yet, but did you try pushing the lever forward instead of pulling it back? Most foreign models work that way.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Redwing said:
picked up my acadia yesterday. took four weeks. no option left behind. i am real excited. i have one operational question: when the running lights are on, i notice that i can't "flash my brights" when i pull the switch back. nothing happens. is this right or am i doing something wrong??? thx.
You are not wrong.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I do not have the HID option and I am able to flash to pass, I experimented with the headlights on, off and with the DRL in use. It must be an HID issue that causes this problem. If you push the lever forward this just turns the brights on full time, not for the flash to pass.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
He did say no option left behind, so...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I do not have the HID option and I can "flash".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've been travelling (unfortunatley in planes) and haven't had a real chance to evaluate all lighting "combinations" but i am pretty certain that is a HID issue. when the HID's are on, the flash to pass works (they also make a pretty big noise when they do go to brights). my guess is that the running lights have no bright setting, and since the headlights aren't really on, this is what we're left with.

of all of the advances that the designers wrestled from the accountants at gm, this is a significant oversight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts