GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT. The defrost had stopped working last fall, so I took it to a local mechanic. The actuator door had an issue. Anyway, I dropped it off to him in the morning, and picked it back up late afternoon. When I picked it back up, the A/C no longer works (light just blinks 3 times), but the defrost does now. I had not had any A/C problems prior to this, but the mechanic insists that he didn't do anything that would have messed with the A/C. The guy wanted to charge me extra $$ to look at the A/C, saying I had no "proof" that it worked before I took it in. Anyway, I decided to wait it out through the winter and get it looked at in the summer. I've been trying different places, but everyone wants to charge me $200+ just to look at it and diagnose it. I'm thinking it's probably something simple like a fuse or switch or something. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
23,610 Posts
Pay the diagnostic fee unless it's something you have the proper equipment and knowledge to do it yourself. Download the service manual from another forum thread and see if it's within your skill level to do so. Use keywords "service manual download" to find the thread. Model year for the service manua doesn't matter much since little change was made to HVAC systems during the Lambda platform production run.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Changing an actuator should not have impacted the AC operation.

I will ask the obvious question, was it below 40º the last time you tried it?

I agree with Speleos, unless you have a set of manifold gauges and the experience to use them, pay the diagnostic fee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts