GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, let me say that I'm impressed by and proud to be a member of this site. Your responses and concern for my fit issues left me feeling like I was not alone in my belief that this vehicle should have been **** close to perfect upon delivery for my $38,000 'investment.' :thumb:

Assuming the worst and anticipating a battle, I threw out demands for compensation before final disposition ... and some of you (justly) called me on it. :eek:hno:

The GM factory guys who monitor and contribute to this site are top notch. Their passion for this vehicle and concern that it's maiden voyage goes smoothly is truly impressive. Being able to interract on that level with my new purchase here is very cool, to say the least. :clap: :clap:

This morning I dropped my Acadia off at the dealer and did a walk around with the service manager. Within an hour and a half I got a call from them that the work was done. Sounds like they didn't have any problems making the adjustments at all. And the service manager promised to file a report with the factory as well.

Soooo, this afternoon I will be picking my Acadia up, hopefully fully in alignment, and at minimal distress to me. The battle I was anticipating couldn't even be considered a 'skirmish,' so my kharma with this new vehicle remains intact - and most likely enhanced by what has transpired. :love:

I'll post my final thoughts at some point this weekend after picking up the Acadia. To all, my thanks for your concerns and input ... have a great holiday weekend!

Steve

SLT1/Liq Silver/Titanium/sunroofs/pwr liftgate/etc .... awesome machine.

·
Registered
123 Posts
THATS GREAT... ENJOY YOUR CAR.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
It's nice to hear that the dealer was so cooperative and was able to service the vehicle so quickly. It's nice to hear that everything went well and without a fight for a change. I am having an ongoing battle with Ford over a refund of money I am due on a Signature Assurance Extended Warranty. I can't believe what a pain this is turning out to be.

Congrats on the new vehicle. Much luck with it - Enjoy!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Fit & Finish Issue - Final Report

When I picked up my Acadia on Friday afternoon both the driver door and the rear panel were aligned as they should be. :blob:

It turned out to be a minor disturbance and once again my hat is off to everyone here who shared my concerns, voiced their opinions, and offered expert advice (including a phone call to the dealer from the factory).

All in all, professional grade stuff! :clap:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Happiness :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts