GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '08 Acadia has reached its first birthday and turned 24,600 miles, so I thought I would post my experience so far. In short, this has been an excellent vehicle - one of the best I have owned. It looks great, is roomy, comfortable, and versatile. If I behave it gets decent mileage for such a large vehicle - I average 19.5mpg in mixed driving. My Acadia has been back to the dealer only once, for the 5/8/08 transmission recalibration. Overall, I really like it and I am glad I purchased it - I would buy it again.

My list of complaints is short and minor: 1) the transmission programming is still a compromise - it is fine around town but annoying sometimes on the freeway when using cruise control, with the constant shifting. Easily solved in hilly areas by manually limiting the transmission to 5th gear, with a slight penalty in mileage. 2) buzzing from left side of dash - solved by wedging a short piece of 1/8" diameter tubing between dash and A-pillar trim. 3) squeaky noise from steering column in cold weather 4) squeaky noise from brake pedal in warm weather 5) slight delay and abrupt response at times when stepping on the gas - I'm told this is a common issue with "drive-by-wire" throttles.

My Acadia is an SLT2 that I ordered with every option except AWD, NAV, and mid-row console. I love the HID lights, satellite radio, the DVD 5.1 audio, and OnStar, which I just renewed. My family loves the rear DVD video, sunroof, and climate system. I use Mobil 1 5w30 extended performance and change it when the DIC indicates less than 20% life remaining (about 8000 miles). I rotate my tires at each oil change. I have the 19" Goodyear Eagle RS-A's, which look to have at least 50% tread remaining - I will most likely buy these again. My only modification is the addition of a glove box light - a ridiculous omission in a $40K+ vehicle.

Can you tell I like this vehicle? This is my first new GM vehicle and the first GM product I have owned since my '67 Camaro. And now, as a taxpayer, I guess I'll soon own part of GM.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Comment on the squeaky brake pedal - believe there is a TSB on this with a modified brake fluid that corrects the issue. I've experienced that issue myself but have been too lazy to take it in for the change.

·
Registered
423 Posts
gmc4me said:
Can you tell I like this vehicle? This is my first new GM vehicle and the first GM product I have owned since my '67 Camaro. And now, as a taxpayer, I guess I'll soon own part of GM.
does this mean all of us tax payers own your vehicle ;D?
glad you like it, we love ours. even with the repairs we have had to do to it.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Wife's is 2 years with only to have recall for wiper arm and then 2 tranny software updates. Really nice, can't beat it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts