GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took our first road trip in the Acadia last week. Phoenix to Newport Beach, CA for 7 days. We put on about a 1000 miles during the trip. This was my first chance at more than just stop and go driving as my work commute is not very far, and I was very impressed with how the Acadia handled. At one point on I-10, I was doing 100 and did not even realize it the ride was so smooth. The Acadia handled all the gear needed for 2 adults and a 2 and 5 year old, including the 2 year old's stroller and still had room to bring their wagon. The NAV system worked great, we had one small issue where we got turned around, but it was not the NAV's fault, the section of freeway was underconstruction and was missing the exit sign, the NAV did a great job of rerouting us, it got us off and back on the freeway, only problem there was it wanted us to go past the freeway to make a u turn when you could make a left turn to get on, not a big deal. I did notice a kind of rubbing noise coming from what seems like the steering column, and there is a loose piece of plastic on one of the rear doors that keeps popping off, when I go for the first oil change I will need to get those addressed. Gas mileage was so-so, I have not calculated exact numbers yet, I would have to say that overall that has been the only thing that has disappointed me so far is gas mileage. With the amount of driving we did, I did get a better feel for the tranny and do feel somewhat of a lag on the freeway that I do not experience during normal around the neighborhood driving. All in all, a great trip in my new toy.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Thanks for the report. Your findings echo mine. This vehicle likes to get out and run on long, flat stretches of freeway. I got about 22 mpg, even with a box on the roof, on flat stretches. The mileage drops quickly in hilly terrain.

Kelly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts