GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting 5000 city-suburb miles we took and just got back from 4-day trip from Laguna Beach to Mammoth Lakes, CA. where there was 8-10 feet of snow on the slopes. Averaged 19.9 mpg for entire 800 miles. Used cruise control set at 72 (about 1900 rpm on the flats). Trip is from sea level to about 9000 ft with lots of grades and 75% 2 and 4 lane non-freeway. The Acadia performed beautifully. I really enjoy the 6 speed. Shifting up the hills is almost unnoticible. The only possible problem I found was in the cruise control. It would not hold speed downhill in 4-6 degree grades in drive, creeping up to 80 mph when set at 72. However, if I put it in 5th gear, it would hold right around cruise control speed. I don't know if this is normal or not. The auto-start and heated seats were appreciated in the 20 degree morning weather too. The nav was helpful, though we found they haven't charted all the roads in Mammoth Lakes. The DVD was great entertainment for our 9 y.o. grandaughter.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Laguna... glad you enjoyed the stylin' wheels! That's a good elev. gain overall & even w/ the mountain driving and healthy cruising speed you attained a respectable mpg. I'd imagine that if you were cruising at 72 mph thru open road in Ariz. you'd see a nice improvement.[/color]

·
Registered
264 Posts
That is not bad mileage for the mountains, we just got back from Kansas City and averaged between 20 and 23 with air on and cruise set to 72 with 19 inch wheels. Yes in 6th gear ir will gain a lot of speed going down big grades but as you found out 5th works well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts