GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a fuse blow when a trailer light wire rubbed trailer tire and shorted out (as it's suppose to do :thumb:). I have the factory trailer package.

Pulled the "standard" 10 amp fuse and went to several local auto parts stores -- none had.
Looks like its smaller than the "standard mini" used in most vehicles--I guess it will be called a "micro".

Went to GM Dealer Parts Dept - "never saw one before" and didn't have any. "Can order and have in 3 days".

Went to Dealer Service Dept - told "open fuse panel under glove box--spares are there".
- I checked--no spares.
Went to owners manual - page 490:
If you ever have a problem on the road and do not have a spare fuse, you can borrow one :eek:hno: that has the same amperage. Just pick some feature of your vehicle that you can get along without, like the radio or cigarette lighter, and use its fuse if it is the correct amperage. Replace it as soon as you can.[/color]

I am very disappointed--the engineers thought of so many good extras and overlooked this one (appears on purpose by what is said in the Owners Manual).

Even my son-in-law's 1986 Nissan Truck and my grandson's 1994 Toyota Corolla have spare fuses--they cost much less than this "Professional Grade Truck".

I think I'd rather give up the spare tire jack gloves and have spare fuses.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Gotta agree with you on this one -- how much would it cost GM to throw in a couple of spare fuses in the box?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Sorry about that, 002. Sounds like I need to order a couple and put them in the glove box. :-\

Kelly

·
Registered
752 Posts
Whoa, that's interesting! Can't believe they would go to the trouble to design a whole new fuse. One would think its gotta be on some other GM car. On the other hand, if they designed a whole new fuse to keep size down, that's kinda of impressive - I think? :drunk: Of course, if they forgot to tell anyone :banghead:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked some up today at Checkers Auto Parts - they are called Low Profile fuses. The clerk was amazed that they had them - he hadn't seen them before. I agree that GM should have included spares -it saved me a lot of grief with my Silverado pickup that they were included. I'am glad I read posts about getting to the fuse box under the dash and didn't even try to find any there.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Same thing happened to me except I had no trouble finding them at Schucks Auto Parts. Bought the assortment pack and they now live in the glove box.

·
Registered
123 Posts
im sorry, call me naieve but why are you having to purchase new fuses already? ???

·
Registered
22 Posts
MsS42 said:
im sorry, call me naieve but why are you having to purchase new fuses already? ???
Um, he said that in the first sentence of the first post:

Had a fuse blow when a trailer light wire rubbed trailer tire and shorted out (as it's suppose to do thumbs up).
Good idea to find some now to carry as spares- before you need them :) It is odd that there weren't any spares on these posters' vehicles. Maybe a first year production oversight? How about if everyone else checks theirs and reports back to the group? It may be that there are supposed to be some, and they were left out on some...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I blew the fuse for the 120v outlet. Don't ask how. Now I know what to ask for.

·
Registered
405 Posts
There are no spare fuzes. strange my 06 gmc yukon xl has spare. it has a spare for every voltage.

huess i will order some extra for the acadia then

·
Registered
395 Posts
I also had no problem getting the low profile fuses at O-Reilly's. Bought the assortment pack. Kind of expensive though, I think I paid $6.29 for 5 or 6 fuses (versus a couple bucks for standards). Also, it's worth investing in a fuse puller if you don't have one because the low profile means there is nothing really sticking out to grab onto. You'll also need a flashlight (even in the middle of the day to see anything under there) and you'll need something to pop the clips that holds on the panel under the glove box.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
It figures that with a new design that GM would put in weird size fuses. I guess that they wanted it to be unique in every way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The fuses I picked up were $5 for assort of 6. The package was label for use in 2004 and later Toyota. Also there is a fuse puller in the fuse box in the engine compartment - so GM at least gave us that while not any spare fuses.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is not just GM. My sons 07 Honda Civic has the same fuses. He blew on also. We have not found them anywhere - yet.

I thought that there were a couple of spares in the fuse block under the hood. At least that is what I recall seeing in my Outlook.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts