GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am eager to see who has the first pic of the 08 Acadia in their own driveway. Mine is being built as we speak, but being in Florida I am sure I will loose out to someone in Michigan. Wish it would get here soon, as I am not into this delayed gratification thing. :blob:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine had a June 18th production date. We'll see!!!! I will call the dealer tomorrow for a Staus Code update.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would love to hear what your dealer has to say, as mine has just been very vague up to this point. I wish there was a way to track these things with out having to do through the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The issue right now is that you have the Buick Open vehicles being built so all other vehicles are being held up because of that - also, if you ordered the White Diamond exterior color, expect a little bit more of a wait time as this color is on restriction for both GMC and Buick. Your dealer is probably being vague in his answers because the answers are not always black/white from the factory.

Remember, patience is a virtue; the factory is building them as fast as possible...demand is even higher than expected. Expect to see the first 2008 pictures around middle of July to late July...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine also has a build week of the 18th .... when I talked with the dealer last week he thought it would be one of the first 08 he gets

·
Registered
43 Posts
They are building 08 Acadias ... just got off GM-Dealerworld web site and did a locate of 08 Acadias. Dealers within 1,000 mi radius of Buffalo, NY show that there are at least 4 VIN's with a status 3800 (produced). 2 - Dark Crimson, 1 Summit White and 1 Carbon Black Metallic. Looks like they want to build the new colors to start

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dark Crimson, eh? I guess that's one of their new colors? That'll be nice to see.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I am sure that will be a renamed Red Jewel.

If not, iwill be pissed if it looks nice.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
NY Joe, it's a new color, with a new code. From what I've been able to tell, it's going to be closer to the "Black Cherry" color on the CX-9s.

·
Registered
123 Posts
admin said:
From what I've been able to tell, it's going to be closer to the "Black Cherry" color on the CX-9s.
Now that sounds SWEET. Can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The white one might be mine. Checked with dealer today and it is waiting for a truck to transport it to me (Vestal, NY- 200 miles from Buffalo). Can you shot me the VIN of the white one?

·
Registered
43 Posts
djkson - none of the ones showing up are going to New York Dealers - but about 8 more showed up today - all going to PA, Mi, OH, NJ - will keep checking for you - they are being shipped and invoiced

·
Registered
43 Posts
djkson - I don't think yours will show up anyways ... I just did a locate for the 2008's so only stock orders show up .. sold ones don't appear on the locator

·
Registered
681 Posts
admin said:
NY Joe, it's a new color, with a new code. From what I've been able to tell, it's going to be closer to the "Black Cherry" color on the CX-9s.
I bet it will look like the Sonoma Red that is available on the Pontiac Torrent - it is a nice wine color, deeper than the Red Jewel, but not that purple color available on the Enclave.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm jumping out of my skin with anticipation. Stopped at the dealer's today and he showed me the invoice he received showing that our 08 was built this week and was shipped Thurs (6/21). I know better to be too overly confident as I've been following the posts of Cravenfan and agonizing with him through his frustrations, but the dealer said that there's a chance we might see it by the end of next week. Hope others that also put in their 08 orders around the same time frame are getting similar news. Keep is all in the loop. IMO it's exciting to see anyone's post when they have received news showing their order is progressing and getting closer to delivery.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My neighbor and myself each ordered an 08 Acadia in early May. Both vehicles have been built, vin numbers received. Both vehicles are ready to ship. MSRP same as 07.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just talked with my salesman tonight! They have the invoice on my 08 SLT1 ... got it Friday! Commencement of Floor Plan starts today so they expect it tomorrow no later than Wed. Shipped by truck from Lansing to Buffalo via Canada. Can't wait for the call that it has arrived!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
MuddyZ said:
hey guys, I dont think I should do this but shoot me some vins and if you guys can find out the CSN numbers on your cars I can tell you where they are in the system, if we have started building them yet. Just dont tell anyone im doin this, just incase it pisses off the bosses.
dont do it muddyz, you never know who is reading these forums and we don't want you doing anything that will jeapordize your job.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It will be interesting to find out whether the $1,000 Conquest rebate will apply to '08 Acadias. I would think it should since you can get it on the '08 Enclave, but I've seen nothing to confirm either way. Whoever picks up their '08s first, please let us know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine just arrived at Dealer late yesterday afternoon and hoping to pick it up today! Built week of the June 18th released to shipper on the 21st. Big smile on my face today .. can't wait until later!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts