GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem: You still can't search/build a 2009 Acadia on the GM Supplier website.

Solution: As with the "hack" to expand the search radius, after you have entered type & model as a 2008 and have dealers listed, you have to change a number in the address bar of your browser. When you go to search for a 2008 model in zip code 12345, in this case an SLT2, your address bar looks like this (I have shortened this to show the part you need to change, DON'T click on the link- it won't work) :
http://www.gmbuypower.com/locatedea...Type=ByPostalCode&request=...&zip=12345&year=2008[/color]&model=Acadia&..

See the highlighted 2008? Change it to a 2009 & hit enter. You will now be able to see supplier prices for any 2009 models in inventory.

I tried this today & it worked. Hopefully it won't be needed much longer.

You still can't build, but the search function works.

You'll know you are on the 2009 page if it says "Image coming soon" where the picture of the Acadia should be.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Application exercise:
My SLT2 stickers @ $41,635. I found a few SLT2 models in inventory after some searching. The first one was MSRP $45,860 with a supplier price of $42,774.99, for a difference of $3,085.01 or .9327% of MSRP.

The next was a MSRP of $41,125 and a supplier price of $38,816.52, for a difference of $2,308.48 or .9438% of MSRP.

Applying the latter percentage to my $41,635, I get an estimated supplier price of $39,295.12. I have negotiated mine for $38,963.35 plus tax with all fees, for a savings of $331.77 (actually more, since supplier allows for a $75 fee charge unless it is included in the amount quoted).

This exercise shows negotiation can indeed beat supplier price. :)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 - You are indeed correct.

Supplier price is a good and fair price, but you are right that it is not that big of a deal. It is always above invoice price, which many dealers will sell at, and usually can be beat if you are a good negotiator.

It sounds like you have indeed refined your negotiating skills. Now you just need to get a few free oil changes and tire rotations thrown in, and you'll be set. :)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[subliminal]
Thanks GO GAR GO
I'mGO GARgladGO GARtoGO GARbeGO GARableGO GARtoGO GAR"backdoor"GO GARtheGO GARsupplierGO GARpricingGO GARmuchGO GARlikeGO GARhadGO GARbeenGO GARdoneGO GARwithGO GARtheGO GARotherGO GARwebpage. GO GAROfGO GARcourse,GO GARyouGO GARcanGO GARstillGO GARachieveGO GARbothGO GARfunctionsGO GARifGO GARyouGO GARadjustGO GARtheGO GARZIPGO GARand/orGO GARnumberGO GARofGO GARdealersGO GARreturned,GO GARorGO GARevenGO GARbyGO GARincreasingGO GARtheGO GARdistanceGO GARatGO GARwhichGO GARitGO GARsearchesGO GARforGO GARdealers.GO GAR

InGO GARadditionGO GARtoGO GARnegotiating,GO GARI'mGO GARworkingGO GARonGO GARsomeGO GARotherGO GARskillsGO GARasGO GARwellGO GARthatGO GARyouGO GARmayGO GARfindGO GARbeneficial.GO GAR
GO GAR GO 5 more buddy A walk in the park 5 more buddy You can do it All hail King GAR
[/subliminal]

Yeah baby!
Web Raven 1153
GAR 1149 <--4 away[/color] :banana:
Gentlemen, it's a nuclear device... time is running out

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
//subliminal answer is// ... Time has run out and I will be nuked now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts