GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here is my question, the wife and I currently have a very nice 2007 Acadia that we currently lease, what im wondering is, they are almost giving away the suburbans, and we could use some extra room, we are about 14 months into our 39 month lease on the acadia, do you think there is any way to actually trade that thing and come out ok if we looked at the suburban, (yeah I know gas mileage yada yada) Its our only vehicle so we dont spend that much on gas because I drive a company car that gas is paid for. Look forward to hearing your thoughts. Its not like we "have" to I was just curious and I really like the suburban, maily because my wife baby sits and she could use the room.

TIA

·
Registered
234 Posts
The early lease termination fees/depreciation would more than eat those big Suburban $$ incentives. Forget about it...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I agree with SEL

·
Registered
152 Posts
hightech said:
Ok, so here is my question, the wife and I currently have a very nice 2007 Acadia that we currently lease, what im wondering is, they are almost giving away the suburbans, and we could use some extra room, we are about 14 months into our 39 month lease on the acadia, do you think there is any way to actually trade that thing and come out ok if we looked at the suburban, (yeah I know gas mileage yada yada) Its our only vehicle so we dont spend that much on gas because I drive a company car that gas is paid for. Look forward to hearing your thoughts. Its not like we "have" to I was just curious and I really like the suburban, maily because my wife baby sits and she could use the room.

TIA

Hightech perhaps you can take a look at leasetrader.com or swapalease.com. Personally I have never used them but if you really want to get out of your lease these are venues that would allow you to "sell" your lease for
the term and price you have remaining for some fee. Best of luck :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
We visited the dealer where we plan to buy our Acadia this weekend while they were closed. It is a Cadillac, GMC, Buick, and Pontiac dealer. In the back paved lot, there had to be at least 12 Yukons, Yukon XLs, and Escalades. I looked in the windows of these and don't really think they have any more room than the Acadia. I've seen the incentives and they most certainly are giving them away (still over $30K though). The year old market is even better, I've seen $55K 2007 Yukons at a GM dealer asking $26K.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Although it doesnt "appear" to have more room there definetly is, we have a friend who just purchased a $52,000 Suburban for the price range we paid for our Acadia, and you can fit 3 child car seats (comfortably) in the back bench seat whereas in our Acadia you cannot due to the wheel wells slightly in the way in those seats, just needs a couple more inches, but make the world of difference. Not to mention the length is quit a bit more which provides more storage space for strollers and other items you might need to tug along.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I could be wrong, but from what I have seen and heard, the Acadia is just slightly bigger on the inside than the Yukon or Escalade, but when you go with the Suburban or the XLs ( extended length models), then they are bigger than the Acadia.

It is my opinion, but the Suburban base price is $38,085 and the Acadia is $30,140. That is 25% more money and from my perspective, $8-$10K more (depending on how you like your car loaded), is not in the same price range as the Acadia. Also, if I were going to go with the Suburban, I would have done the Yukon XL to stay with GMC, and then the price difference would have even been more.

If you absolutely need the extra room of the Suburban or an XL model, and/or need the extra towing capacity, then it might be worth paying the extra for the car and extra gas.

If you live in an area that gets snow, then the Acadia being front wheel drive over the Suburban rear wheel drive is another strong point for the Acadia. Of course, if you pay more for AWD/4WD then that's not a big difference, but it is more money.

For me, I still think the Acadia is a much better overall value, but if it is just not quite big enough, then the XLs or Suburbans might be what someone needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts