GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we finally got our Acadia. I have a pretty good story to tell along with it, but first; some photos linked here:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1727.0

Details: 2007 AWD SLE. 8-seats. Preferred and Cold Weather packages. Blue-gold. If you have not yet seen this color, go to a dealership and find one. Stunning. We chose a blue-gold sight unseen (only seeing photos posted here and on the web), and are very happy with it. :blob: According to the door sticker, ours was built June 07, and arrived only this past Thursday. One of the last off the line before the '08s perhaps?

So, yeah. Interesting story. Got some popcorn? This may take a few paragraphs. :cheers:

We went to our local dealership here in town, looking to get an Acadia. Test drove one, was very impressed, decided to buy. Few things happened to prevent us from buying the SLT1 we had chosen:

1. They tried to low-ball me on my trade (Dodge SRT-4) by almost $3k
2. The salesman, also the owners son I might add, took the SLT1 we wanted... out for the weekend and beat on it!

How do we know he beat on it? The mud streaks on the outside, and dirty footprints all over the inside (all 3 rows!) when it showed up on Monday after being gone from the lot all weekend kinda gave it away. And since a few of my friends also work there... yeah. Insider information can be useful at times.

So, we talked to some collegues and friends and they referred us to another dealership. The closest dealership other than our local one; 200kms away! We drove down there, they assesed my trade fairly, and we ended up doing our business with them. Coast Mountain GM in Smithers, with Tom as our salesman. Great purchase experience. Easily the best experience I've had for the last 3 new vehicles I've bought. Anyone in Northern BC considering a GM should really give these guys a call.

We tried to locate an Acadia that matched our wants (SLE with everything), but since the '07 supplies were limited, and we're kind of in a remote location, we didn't have a lot of options close by. But, low an behold, the dealership had a nicely equipped SLE blue-gold coming in. So, we put down some cash to make sure no one else called dibs, and went home to bite our fingernails in anticipation.

The call came in Thursday - it's here! We headed down Friday afternoon, and after feeling miserable trading in my beloved SRT-4, got all the paperwork done up and drove her off the lot... and promptly to the restaurant next door to have dinner.

Drove it home nice and slow Friday evening (according to the manual, below 88kph for the first 800 clicks), and in the last 2 days, I've done almost nothing else other than drive it around. I want those 800 clicks out of the way! 580 gone so far, and since we're going to go see Transformers tonight, I'm going to have to wait until after work tomorrow to get rid of the last few. ;D

Honestly, after the lemon of a vehicle I had with my last GM (1999 new-style Sierra), I never thought I'd be back in the house of the General. But, having followed the Acadia for quite some time now, and all the positive feedback from the magazines and especially this community, we decided to give GM another shot.

The icing on the cake is that no one else is really anywhere near to this size and equip of a vehicle at the price point. The Acadia is really fantastic, and it's softening the blow of losing my SRT-4 quite nicely.

Now... to find me a set of DIC buttons and start fiddling... ;D

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congratulations! :dancing:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts