GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being a member of this forum for 1.5 years, I ordered my 2009 Acadia Medium Brown Metallic SLT2, Ebony Leather, Nav, E-System and HID's. I wanted to get cooled seats but it's my wife's car and she is parked inside our garage or a parking garage 95% of the time. We don't know when we will get it, but hopefully not more than 8 weeks out. I have also found a dealer in the Denver area that has very good customer service. The funny thing is he was the first dealer to admit that consumers usually find out about new vehicles before the dealers. For instance he had no idea that the 2009 came with bluetooth although he did know about the new engine. Anyways the countdown has started, I should find out more status Monday. He told me that he sends updates to all of his customers(with orders) on Monday mornings.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Colo... Congrats on your order. It's only a matter of time now. I hope to be following in your footsteps soon!

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
347 Posts
Congrats to you and yours! Hopefully you'll get your Acadia real soon. :thumb:

I wish most of the other GMC dealers out here were just as conscientious. ;D

·
Registered
9 Posts
coloradoGM said:
After being a member of this forum for 1.5 years, I ordered my 2009 Acadia Medium Brown Metallic SLT2, Ebony Leather, Nav, E-System and HID's.
What did you pay? I'm still debating going for a 2008 vs getting a 2009. Can't imagine I save that much money going with the 2008 at this point.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
detnick said:
I wish most of the other GMC dealers out here were just as conscientious. ;D
:ditto: I wish more dealers really cared about customer service instead of just taking your money.

And it's about time you jumped in. ;D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Colo, who was the dealer (if you don't mind telling)?? I bought my 2008 from GO GMC in Lone Tree. I thought they were upfront and when I took mine in for the first service they were pretty attentive. Got the first service for free and have even received follow-ups asking if I was happy with the car and was there anything they can do if I wasn't happy.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alvam said:
Colo, who was the dealer (if you don't mind telling)?? I bought my 2008 from GO GMC in Lone Tree. I thought they were upfront and when I took mine in for the first service they were pretty attentive. Got the first service for free and have even received follow-ups asking if I was happy with the car and was there anything they can do if I wasn't happy.
That's who I'm dealing with.

·
Registered
40 Posts
just thought i gate crash here ::)
ordered mine, so excited, i went for black SLT-1, purely for the factory fitted DVD, now in the market for DIY Sat-Nav!
cheers guys

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Congratulations aandm!! Let us know when you get it!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
it should be ready in approx three weeks as i am off England for our summer hols so hopefully registration etc will be done while i am away in sunny Hampshire.
Back to the subject, i did a lot of search for DIY (aftermarket) Sat-Nav/Bluetooth/IPod etc, saw the likes of Kenwood and Pioneer but naturally they all come with US maps pre-loaded.
My question is can I have/load ME maps? I am sure the supplier will only supply the unit with US maps but just wanted to know if its easy to upload other (ME) maps? More importantly other maps are freely available on the net?
Cheers guys
AandM

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
brigopens said:
What did you pay? I'm still debating going for a 2008 vs getting a 2009. Can't imagine I save that much money going with the 2008 at this point.
+1

The 2008 models can be a good deal IF you can find what you want within your local area. That, and perhaps a salesman that actually wants to sell you one. $1,750 in cash and new 2.9% finance rate that won't apply to the 2009 models.

·
Registered
40 Posts
well i would not say i got fantastic deal but its good enough, we went and saw the car and kids just loved it, kind of forced me to go for SLT-1 where my mind was set on SLE and i could see in distance DIY (aftermarket) installations ;D

Anyway its all history now as we are proud owner of Black SLT-1 and that instinct of DIY (aftermarket) installations has not gone away hence i am desperately trying to search for a decent Sat-Nav/Bluetooth and IPod connectivity device!
cheers

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats ColoradoGM!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts