GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Acadia just a few mins ago. :blob: Love it!! Drove it a total of 7 klms so far. I think I will definitely getting back up camera installed, you can't see a thing. I will mull over the manual tonight so I can see how everything works and keep you guys posted on likes and dislikes.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Congrats let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love it so far!!!!!!!!
The only thing I have noticed is I think I would like to have running boards. I am only 4'11" so a bit of a hike to get in. Not like I can't do it. I just don't want to ruin the drivers eat by sliding my butt over it again and again.

Another thing I think I would like is a power lift gate. Can that be installed afterwards or am I out of luck.

I love the way it drives, and handles and the interior is very quiet. You cannot hear anything outside when you are driving.

I drove it into town and back twice and put over 100klms on it and the gas gauge barely moved. ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Congrats on your new Acadia! :)

A lot of people say that they have difficulty with visibility and the rear of the Acadia. My problem is actually the front end. It's a lot shorter than you realize when you're pulling into a parking spot and often looks like you're going to smack into the car next to you. I've learned to gauge it better in my 18 months of ownership, so it's not really a problem I guess. Just something I've noticed opposite of what everyone else seems to remark about.

Edited: Because I just read your post stating that you are 4'11. That will make all the difference when driving the Acadia! I'm 5'7, so perhaps that's why I don't notice it as much. :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
With the front end I fixed the visibility by moving my seat up as far as it can go. I still sometimes lean forward when parking though.

With the rear, I wanted the rear sensors and figured I'd use/need them a lot. So far, they've barely gone off, maybe because I'm being cautious when backing. But I know they are there and it's a good thing.

I love the power liftgate. One of my favorite things on the Acadia. I almost gave in and got one without it, but I'm glad I held out. No idea if it can be added though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts