GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after reading review after review, many late nights comparing different makes and models, and a 6000 mile plane ride I arrived in Portland Oregon to my 2009 Silver Green Metallic AWD Acadia. My first impression of the vehicle was kind of muted due to my own fatigue but I did notice a few things.

1. Even fully loaded with luggage for a 4 person family and 5 people, the vehicle moved out just fine. There wasn't any issues in power.

2. The sheer multitude of electronics in front of me. WOW! I feel like I am one of those guys sitting in the chair of the Nebuchadnezzar on "The Matrix". I liked how it wouldn't let me perform certain functions unless I am stopped.

3. The transmission if better than expected. I do understand some people talking about having to press the gas down to get it to downshift but it wasn't really that big of a deal. Going up a hill and pressing the gas is what I expected. When the transmission shifted down, the shift wasn't bad or jerky.

4. QUIET! Good stereo which I am still learning by the way. I hope there is more to the volume controls than basic audio controls though.

5. Gas mileage is as advertised on the dot. I am getting 16.5 MPG in the city.

Well, I will report more later on. I got a 2000 mile road trip coming up and I will be pulling a 2001 Honda Civic behind me. I will post some pics and a trip review once I get to Missouri! Overall, right now, I am a 10 out of 10 for satisfaction! Even looking at the Buick Enclave, the Acadia styling is more up my alley! WOOT!

I hope someone finds this useful and thanks to everyone for all the info I found on this site!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Good luck with your new Acadia! I can't wait to pick mine up. We ordered the same Silver Green color. I hope mine will arrive by Thanksgiving.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Congrats thenachobro. :cheers: I hope your trip is unevenful, in a good way. :thumb:

·
Registered
533 Posts
..nachobro,

Congrats on your new ride! Thx for the nice report & welcome to the forum. The only stereo controls that I've found to play with were the fader / bass / trebble / left-right. No built-in EQ functions that I'm aware of.

Smooth[/color] <>< - also a 10 out of 10![/color]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats thenachobro.
I have the silver green and I think it's beautiful. Love the vehicle.

·
Registered
200 Posts
"I feel like I am one of those guys sitting in the chair of the Nebuchadnezzar on "The Matrix". "

Classic line!!

Congrats!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Congrats on your new Acadia. She's a real beauty!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats & enjoy thenachobro. :cheers:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Welcome back to the States, and enjoy the Acadia! It's such a great vehicle.... we've had ours 6 months now (wow - can't believe that!) and we still love it .... couldn't ask for more!

Thank you for defending our country.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, a week ago I picked up my 2009 Acadia. Actually I was picked up by the Acadia as my whole family (Wife and 2 kids) had just finished a 6000 mile flight from South Korea. This is an update to the small review that I put on this thread originally. Let me remind you that this is a 2009 AWD SLT2 Acadia fully loaded except for the second seat console, I have 18" wheels, and the "Hit the Road" package.

1st, size does matter! :thumb: I had done a lot of comparisons against other vehicles. Those other vehicles were the Mazda CX-9, Volvo XC-90/XC-60, Ford Flex, Acura MDX, Honda Pilot, Hyundai Veracruz, and Nissan Murano. The Acadia had the most room. I didn't know it at the time of purchase as I did an internet order and bought it two months before I arrived in the states, but if I had ordered anything else, ANYTHING, I would have been in trouble when I got picked up at the airport. Why? With a family of four, our luggage, and the salesperson who picked me up we barely fit in the car. We were so close that the last bag had to sit in between the legs of the salesperson who was riding in the passenger seat next to me. The CX-9 is a close second, but we still would have been in trouble.

2nd, gas mileage! Upon my comparison I had read a lot about the sucky gas mileage of the 07/08 Acadia and I was concerned. Then I read that the 09's had better mileage and that the average was actually the average. And when i started to compare to other vehicles, they all had mileage that was within + or - 1-2 mpg. Since the Acadia is the biggest vehicle internally in this comparison I would expect it to have the worst mileage but that was reserved for the MDX with premium fuel! My average right now is about 19mpg. Which is exactly what is on the sheet! I can hope for better but it was what I expected.

3rd. Performance. I had read about the transmission issue and how the Acadia accelerated slower than the rest of the crowd. Well, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT!? The vehicles weighs the most of all the other vehicles! I know I didn't expect to get into a Ford Lightning or a Porsche Cayenne and accelerate to 60 in less than 5 seconds. This is a family vehicle and though I need it to be able to go when I necessary, I don't expect sports car performance. For me, this vehicle performs just fine. I have noticed lag only once and it wasn't anything for me to be concerned about.

4th. Interior. WOW! As I said earlier, I just came from South Korea. While there I had a 1997 Leganza and Avante! The technology jump from them to the Acadia was astronomical. Nav built in, DVD Player, Rear Seat Entertainment, HUD, this and that! I started to look around for somewhere to wash my hands because I was sure if I kept looking I would eventually find a kitchen sink WITH a garbage disposal! I was totally impressed. I was only disappointed in two things. No EQ and no USB support.

5th. Overall, I am very happy. As I told the dealer when she asked, I smile everytime I walk outside and see my Acadia! I don't have a complaint yet. I am happy I bought the 09 instead of the 08. The advantages definitely out weigh the disadvantages. I feel that it is the right vehicle for the job and I don't regret anything. As I stated earlier, I will be driving to Missouri in 2 days and I will post a review of that also. I will be towing my Honda Civic so there should be a gamut of info for people to read about!

I hope that this review helps others who are looking for some info on the vehicle. thanks for reading!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts