GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...after my visit to the dealer on Tuesday, them making a few calls, my Acadia finally arrived on Friday, it just happened that I was playing golf about three hours away. :'( I hoofed it back Friday night and Saturday morning about 10:30, I was driving away with my new ride. The dealer gave me a $250 credit to the parts/proshop for my 10 1/2 week wait, which I think was a realistic make up for the added wait. I had a checklist to double check the paint, body panel alignment, etc. but found myself rushing through the process just to get it home.

Only thing I noticed was a swirl scratch on the hood, after I got it home. So far, it is just as expected. My only issues are the headrest (can't get it to line up with my neck/head position at the right height) and the gas pedal is too wimpy small. Other than that, I've got my 20 and 24 stickers in the back windows, Arctic Cat on the back window and my Sirius Radio hooked up and most of the wires are hidden. I'm trying to maintain the 55mph recommendation until 500 miles, so I'm just driving around aimlessly for a few more days.

I went from the Yukon to the the Acadia...

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Can't be. You're just messing with us aren't you??

Congrats. :cheers:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Congrats, great things are worth the wait!

:dancing:

·
Registered
66 Posts
What a relief. It was good news to see. The pictures look great. Congratulations and enjoy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
FINALLY! I figure if you can get yours picked up then there's hope for the rest of us! :)

I'm trying to imagine driving only 55 mph for the first 500 miles, we'll have to schedule a road trip I guess.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
200 miles in so far...not sure, but I think I have the 55mph "hum" on the tires. Have not broken 55 yet, but it sounds like a weird noise...gotta climb in and see what my tire code is, I guess. We brought my 4 year old twins out tonight to drive around. Just bought some cheap $5 headphones...I was listening to the race with my wife, they were listening to a CD. It was great! They were all excited! Road trips will take on a whole new level of enjoyment. :blob:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Now, isn't this a happy ending! :thumb:
Congrats! :dancing:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
YEAH!!!!! CONGRATS! You are going to love it! :cheers: :clap: :banana:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
tk421 said:
What's the deal with the 55mph for the first 500 miles?
Recommended break-in procedure for the AWD models per the owner's manual.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts