GMC Acadia Forum banner

Finally, a DECISION! And the winner is...

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bhpeters 
#1 ·
Amazingly enough the nice guy dealer called and said we have 2 "on the lot" cars to choose from, nearly identical. same price, $400 over invoice. Problem is, they still aren't perfect. I see no need to pay for 19" wheels that aren't shiny chrome and we haven't found any 07s with that feature. So we're going to ORDER a 2008... PHEW! It's such a relief to have made up our minds! :blob:

We will NOT go with the jerk dealer... more likely will order from the nice guy dealer who is closest to us (guaranteed loaner car in case of warranty work) and he has always been nice. all the dealers we talked to are hosing us on the trade in value, really pisses me off, but maybe we can get our buick sold privately before the acadia comes in (not sure what I'd drive in between, but we'd find something) otherwise we'll take our trade in beating and revel in our awesome new acadia!

This will get us the perfect vehicle for us, we finally just couldn't see sacrificing any features on a $40k car, and it gives me 2 months to save more money and enjoy my regal's awesome super charged engine. Not that the acadia is slow, it just doesn't drive like my zippy little car.

Thanks to all for helping me weigh the pros and cons, I feel much more at peace with this decision.

Hoping to join the ranks of official ownership in the next couple months, and I'm sure i'll have more questions between now and then!

Heather

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats :dancing: :friday: Hope everything goes ok. :thumb:

#4 ·
bhpeters said:
but maybe we can get our buick sold privately before the acadia comes in (not sure what I'd drive in between, but we'd find something) otherwise we'll take our trade in beating and revel in our awesome new acadia!
Good for you! Anyway, I took advantage of the wait time and put mine on craigslist. If that doesn't work you can always try eBay or a Carmax if there's one near you. I ended up selling it just in time and although I still thought it went lower than I wanted, it was $1700 HIGHER than what the dealer offered.

Good luck! Keep us updated...

kram said:
Congrats! :thumb:

Now, lets start counting the weeks. ;D ;D Anyone up for a guess?
Hahaha- well what day will it be ordered? I'd venture a guess of somewhere around 10 weeks after that date...unfortunately for Heather.

#6 ·
We plan on ordering tomorrow (June 23) if our schedule works out right. My pregnancy due date is 8 1/2 weeks from now, so the new baby could get a nice big WELCOME gift shortly after his birth... sounds like late August could be a very busy time for us! :)

Heather

#7 ·
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I might just go insane. Now I'm finding out that you can't order the shiny chrome 19" wheels from factory that they are AVI only and could cost about $2600!!! Why in the HELL do they put those nice things in the brochure as if you can order it that way only to have it not be an option? Getting those wheels was the main reason to order and 08, now there's no point! :banghead:

Truly, I'm going to go nuts. This is crap... to think we may be back on the "get it now" table. Dealer is checking for me, I'm sure it won't be great news.

Heather

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.