GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, tomorrow I'll take a final "road trip" for a week in my faithful 21+ yr. old Blazer. On the way out of town I'll be dropping off a deposit check on the order of my '09 Acadia SLT-2. Since I can't write tomorrow to say "I did it today", I'm writing a day early to share the good news. Many of you will recognize that I've been participating in this forum for two years and then some. So it's about time I pulled the trigger.

Order will be for:

SLT-2, HID, HUD, NAV, Bench, Towing, White Diamond Tricoat, no DVD, no sunroof.

Smooth <><

P.S. More trivia from GMC via email today re: rated horse power:[/color]

"We would like to provide some clarification to the horsepower rating of the 3.6L SIDI V6 engine. At 6,600 rpm, the horsepower is rated at 290; however, depending on the rpm, the horsepower will change. So, in addition to being rated at 290 hp at 6,600 rpm, the engine is also rated at 288 hp at 6,300 rpm. We apologize for any confusion."

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Glad to hear it- the new Acadia that is. I thought I was the only one around here w/o an Acadia. Well, we also have one on order, and have sold the Durango- it leaves on Sunday.

Hope everything goes smoothly[/color]. :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Nope we don't have one yet either Blue LOL.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine is still at the dealer. Hubby got the papers yesterday via Fedex to sign and sent them straight back. But, because it is a long weekend the dealership won't get them till Tuesday. :( so if all goes well I will be driving my new Acadia by Tuesday evening!!!!

Smooth good for you. What ever will happen to the Blazer? We had a Ford Bronco forever. That was like the creme de la creme back in the day, for towing our boat.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
:thumb:Congrats on the Acadia order. I had an 89 Chevy Blazer S10 Sport that I loved, I wish I still had it today.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Great news Smooth!! Congratulations!! I hope that you will be posting someday that you had the Acadia for 21+ years. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats on your order. :cheers: Smoothly done ;D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Congrats Smooth! You're gonna love it bro. We are sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy with our 09. I'm looking forward to having this vehicle for a long, long, long time. :dancing:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Just turned over the title & keys to the blue Durango in exchange for that fat check. I feel your pain, even though we only had it 4 years and it was the wife's truck, I tend to get attached to our vehicles. I guess as long as I'm not under them at the time this is a good thing. :)

Former Chevy High Performance Editor Jeff Smith said it best in a column when he described his Chevelle as another member of the family that competed with the kids for presents, and other cars "following him home".

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
emnel said:
Smooth good for you. What ever will happen to the Blazer? We had a Ford Bronco forever. That was like the creme de la creme back in the day, for towing our boat.
I'll be keeping my Blazer. I'm sitting at a favorite campground as I write - with my trusty Blazer. It did well the past few days driving all over Calif., and I hope to be here again - but next time w/ my Acadia! What a difference that'll make!!! My S-10 will make a good second car for routine chores such as driving to work (all of 3 miles), grocery store, short meaningless trips that are well-served by an old car rather than taking the new. I'll enjoy my "nights out" and road trips and drives where I'll definately want to have some style and reliablilty.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
We all like stories with happy endings, and I'd say this one qualifies. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts