GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent hours and hours searching this forum and others regarding the P0087, P0302,304,306 issue.
Yet, despite all the information and stories... no one has actually came out and stated what the root cause of this issue was.
I am a professional mechanic and this problem has me pulling my hair out.
I've gone down the same rabbit holes that it sounds like every dealership and DIY individual has done. I.E. new plugs, coils, cam sensors, high pressure fuel pump and so on.
Does someone know or have the final cause to this issue?
Thanks!

·
Registered
703 Posts
The question is a bit open ended... not much detail. I am not a mechanic, but my meandering.
Safe to assume it's a V6? So one bank is faulty. Considering it is all cylinders on one side, plugs and coils doesn't add up, nor does the fuel pump to me.
I would think wiring harness to those coils, or fuel rail same side. Something that feeds all 3 cylinders together.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It usually does no good to throw parts at a problem without first doing the physical and electrical checks.
Yeah, agree, don't get that... with the proper equipment this should be possible to solve. And the parts thrown at it so far don't necessarily make sense, to me anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2010 v6 3.6l acadia. but seems like the same story again. with it being such a common problem, surely someone has found the solution. thats a very specific set of codes that i can assure have a common solution.

·
Super Moderator
19,791 Posts
... thats a very specific set of codes that i can assure have a common solution.
How can you be so sure when any one of those codes has multiple possible causes? Don't want to believe that? Here's some good reading from the folks who make the high pressure fuel system for GM: GM 3.6L Truck 2010-11

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
part of being a mechanic. there is an entire business built around common problem/ common solution, its called Identifix.
i could sit here and tell you all the glitz and glamour of my diagnostics so far, but that doesnt help anyone. real world solutions do.
i will certainly post my findings once fixed. im just amazed no one has yet

·
Super Moderator
19,791 Posts
part of being a mechanic. there is an entire business built around common problem/ common solution, its called Identifix.
Let us know when that school (of thought) accepts your enrollment. ? Digital electronics and engine complexity have changed the rules.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts