GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I removed the passenger rear seat (4 bolts, couple connectors). The Costco square dog bed fits perfectly. Now my Basset hound can get in and out!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I removed the passenger rear seat (4 bolts, couple connectors). The Costco square dog bed fits perfectly. Now my Basset hound can get in and out!
Sounds nice. How about a picture please? I do miss the versatility of the removable rear seats in our former, Silhouette and Terraza. The Terazza, only the 3rd row was easily removable.
Duluth makes some nice items as well. Convertible Seat Saver KHAKI
And if you don't mind spending a little more go with Orvis. Grip-Tight Quilted Hose-Off Dog Hammock Seat Cove - Orvis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Depends on how you use it. We drive halfway across the country twice a year and leave the center seats up. The space between the seats holds a garment bag upright and a printer in its box. A storage bin sets behind the passenger seat and coats and accessories sit behind the driver seat. That still leaves room for two giant suitcases for three months stay and two medium suitcases for the road. Still room for a couple of backpacks and miscellaneous items. Mine is a '15 Lamda style and is gigantic.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If the second row captain seats weren't noticed when you bought the vehicle, I hope you were able to drive home safely. The captain seats are one of the highlights of the vehicle. Best of Luck!

·
Registered
437 Posts
That's why I elected to get the bench second seat. It's easier for my dog to stretch out.
I prefer the bench for squeezing 3 people in occasionally, and even more so for hauling goods. Building materials, speaker stands (garage biz)... much better for me.
OP; a quick'n'dirty wood box, milk crates, anything of that sort with the unit linked before should work good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What are you trying to accomplish in closing the gap?... Flat cargo area when seats are down?... Something else?
Yes, flat cargo area, I transport rescue dogs and would like to be able to put three crates across the 2nd row. Thank you for responding. I'm going to use a piece of plywood.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts