GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Acadia owners out there that have a suggestion for closing the gap on the 2nd row captains chairs? I just brought mine home and I was hoping for some ideas.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Are there any Acadia owners out there that have a suggestion for closing the gap on the 2nd row captains chairs? I just brought mine home and I was hoping for some ideas.
What are you trying to accomplish in closing the gap?... Flat cargo area when seats are down?... Something else?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
I was looking at something like this below. If you google or do a search at automotive accessory sites for "center console" or truck console many come up.

Center Storage Console

What are you trying to accomplish in closing the gap?... Flat cargo area when seats are down?... Something else?
I transport rescue animals, dogs mostly, and I put them in crates. I just turned in my Toyota Highlander lease, went over like 27,000 miles on it because of transports, and decided to buy the Acadia. No more leasing for me. I had no idea I would drive that many miles 3 years ago. So when we test drove the Acadia, it was dark out, and I never knew there was even such a thing as 2nd row captains chairs. And today when we got home with our new vehicle I noticed it. DUH, very surprised. I looked on the GMC site under accessories for this model, but they didn't have any.
I thank you very much. I'd like something that will close the gap evenly.
Is it the same with the 3rd row seats too? I haven't looked.
Thank you very much. Sorry if I've rambled on, but transporting rescue animals is my passion. I've got to rectify this potential problem soon.
Wids

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I transport rescue animals, dogs mostly, and I put them in crates. I just turned in my Toyota Highlander lease, went over like 27,000 miles on it because of transports, and decided to buy the Acadia. No more leasing for me. I had no idea I would drive that many miles 3 years ago. So when we test drove the Acadia, it was dark out, and I never knew there was even such a thing as 2nd row captains chairs. And today when we got home with our new vehicle I noticed it. DUH, very surprised. I looked on the GMC site under accessories for this model, but they didn't have any.
Thank you very much. Sorry if I've rambled on, but transporting rescue animals is my passion. I've got to rectify this potential problem soon.
Wids
One other option. . . pricey probably . . is to try looking at auto recyclers for the 2nd row bench seat.
That was an option on the +2017 Acadia.
There were a few here that also asked or may have done a swap out of the Captains Chairs.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I transport rescue animals, dogs mostly, and I put them in crates.
Sounds like you have the seats down then. If that's the case then a sheet of 1/4" plywood could address the issue. Trim to fit and possible cover with an old blanket/quilt to protect from splinters but a cheap and easy solution.

Third row has no gap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One other option. . . pricey probably . . is to try looking at auto recyclers for the 2nd row bench seat.
That was an option on the +2017 Acadia.
There were a few here that also asked or may have done a swap out of the Captains Chairs.
Yes, I did see some of the posts about removing and also trading out seats. I'd rather take an easier route first if possible. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wids
Too bad you were in a hurry. The dealers order them with captain chairs. However, a bench is available at no extra charge. Unfortunately, you have to order a vehicle with it. I did, and it took about 3 weeks to deliver.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I'll try that. My neighbor owns the dealership.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like you have the seats down then. If that's the case then a sheet of 1/4" plywood could address the issue. Trim to fit and possible cover with an old blanket/quilt to protect from splinters but a cheap and easy solution.

Third row has no gap.
Good idea. I've seen other Transport drivers do this. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
19,854 Posts
My Katrina-rescued dog says, "Thank you for the work you do." ;) She turns 15 years old (by estimate) next month.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I think that I would use 1/2" plywood instead of 1/4". That is the easiest and cheapest fix I can think of. It leaves the vehicle in its original configuration and accomplishes what you want.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Good idea. I've seen other Transport drivers do this. Thank you
Agree also, a sheet of plywood trimmed out would be a quick solution. Perhaps some thin outdoor type carpeting could be glued down and over the edges to reduce sliding around and prevent side scuffing of the plywood edges.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Katrina-rescued dog says, "Thank you for the work you do." ;) She turns 15 years old (by estimate) next month.
It is completely my pleasure. Thank you for adopting Katrina. ??

·
Super Moderator
19,854 Posts
You're welcome. Her name is Nola, for New Orleans, LA. She's my third rescue. Of the other two, one was abused by its previous owner and one just needed a good home. Pictures of all three are posted in my 'media.' Have a look if you want.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yep, thanks from me also. (y) We've had plenty of rescues (one dog had her tail cut off by her previous owner, with a machette... her brother wasn't so lucky), and currently still have a couple/few. Daisy has one eye, Paws only has 3 (paws/legs), TimBit we found under a camper starving last winter, Licorice was found behind her brothers place with other kittens a few weeks ago... OK, enough (we have 7 cats, one dog).
I agree with others on the carpet (or even wrapped with a blanket and stapled) over the plywood, keep it from moving around. Any hardware store will cut it down to size for you. IIRC the width is around 44"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awe, I just don't understand people. Thank goodness they have you. That's quite a house full. Keep up the good work. And thanks for the measurment.
I found something on autoanything.com that might work.
I'm going to order this, hoping it will help with the gap. We have a piece of plywood that we did use in my Highlander for this purpose, just to steady all the crates I had in the back. I transported 11 dogs at one time, 2 sets of bonded pairs went into the same crate. That's my largest transport to date!
Thanks again.
I'll check out the pictures!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Awe, I just don't understand people. Thank goodness they have you. That's quite a house full. Keep up the good work. And thanks for the measurment.
I found something on autoanything.com that might work.
I'm going to order this, hoping it will help with the gap. We have a piece of plywood that we did use in my Highlander for this purpose, just to steady all the crates I had in the back. I transported 11 dogs at one time, 2 sets of bonded pairs went into the same crate. That's my largest transport to date!
Thanks again.
I'll check out the pictures!
Our daughter uses that same pet seat cover for her dogs and it works well for her. The dogs seem to like it also and it she says it reduces road noise while traveling. Maybe that keeps the dogs more comfortable too.

Reactions: Colt Hero

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an old plastic milk crate turned upside down, I like it bc if I need to move it it is easy. Lots of times I use the entire back end (jump seats and 3rd row all down) so that I can load things and the crate keeps them from falling in that hole! The older milk crates are even better bc they are rectangular (width longer than length) so they fill more of that gap btwn jumpseat, but mine is metal so its not as easy as the plastic, but the real milk rates are WAY strong. Not the knock off crates at Walmart. Plus when my kids are back there theyflip the crate upright and put their games or food or whatever in there

1 - 20 of 28 Posts