GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 sle, when I was sitting in the rear one day when my wife was driving she stopped/ slowed down and I felt the entire 60(of the 60/40) seat kinda jerk forward as if there was a lock that wasn’t in place and it was ever so slightly wobbly. Anyone else experience this or nah.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Was it a one time occurrence or did it happen repeatedly? I may have been the last time the seat was adjusted the locking mechanism didn't engage.

·
Super Moderator
19,552 Posts
Sometimes manual slides don't lock right when the seat is moved forward/backward. Happens on my Matrix every once in a while with a change of seat position. The seat will move a bit and 'pop' when it locks into place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes manual slides don't lock right when the seat is moved forward/backward. Happens on my Matrix every once in a while with a change of seat position. The seat will move a bit and 'pop' when it locks into place.
My wife seems to tell me that she doesn’t think it’s doing it anymore. I’ll know for sure the next time I sit back there with the kids.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Maybe check under the seat and see if there is debris or and object in the way of the seat tracks or lock mechanism.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Upon looking I didn’t mention it felt like it was gonna fold on itself.
My sister had that on one car and the notches for the seat back position were worn or the spring tension was lacking or both. Can't remember, but the end result was the seat back would latch sometimes and others not.
I think her husband got parts from an auto recycle (junk yard) to repair it.

·
Super Moderator
19,552 Posts
If the latch mechanism is not understood, you might find a diagram of it in the service manual (link to it in another thread). If nothing in the manual, you'll be able to find an exploded diagram of the seat on one of the GM parts sites.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts