GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice. Okay, I decided to buy an Acadia. My lease on my Lincoln Aviator is not up until September. I thought I would go to the closest dealer, tell him exactly what I want (SLT-2, Nav, Sunroof, DVD), negotiate a price and place the order. I hoped to time delivery when the Lincoln comes off lease.

What a nightmare! Some junior g-man kept trying to sell me a truck off the lot. They wanted me to turn in the Lincoln and tack my remaining Lincoln lease payments on the Acadia lease. Now I was born on a Saturday, but it was not last Saturday! Finally, I told them if they could not build one to my specifications I would go elsewhere.

Some knucklehead from the dealership just called me and gave me a price of $800 below sticker (after he tried to get me to pay sticker). I see all these posts where people are paying invoice. I don’t want to get ripped off buying a GM.

So, should I order one now and try to negotiate the best price or wait until August and buy one off the lot? Any advice? Also, when does the 2008 model come out and will there still be incentives.

Thanks a lot.

NY
:banghead:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Get what you want. Find a new dealer if you have to, one that will work with you and not strong arm you.

On a side note - when I got my Acadia, I had an Acura lease and I got a flyer in the mail saying that GM would pay off my remaining lease (any none GM vehicle), up to $2000, to get into any GM vehicle (some limitations like Hummer and Corvette). Anyway, I was suspect of the deal but it turned out to be a good deal. I used a GM Supplier discount and paid a little over invoice and they paid off my last 4 lease payment. That deal ended on March 14th, I had to deal for a vehicle on the lot to take advantage, did my deal on March 13th. Not sure if they are running any other similar deals right now, the dealer did not know anything about this until I showed him the flyer and he made a call and it got approved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts