GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to pass along information that the dealers have been informed not to take any more orders, production is full. Unfortunately for us as consumers this means that what is already on order for dealer inventory will be more expensive. At my father's dealership, for the Loaded SLTs he will be selling at list price. According to buyer's reports, this is lower than most dealers in his area as they are looking for $1,000 to $5,000 over sticker. This is in the Fairfield, CT area.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm sure glad I ordered mine when I did. Originally I was going to wait until mid-year to buy/order. Now, if it only gets here....

·
Registered
380 Posts
To a certain extent, this is normal as they get ready for the 2008 production, which they would cut off ordering possibilities for 2007's now anyway. Probably compounding the situation is the gear up for the Buick Enclave (I read somewhere that Dealers had ordered all the 6000 vehicles available in the initial production run, built on the same line as the Acadia and Outlook).
I would expect that the prices will be going up on all of these, I would expect GM to post a sharp increase in list price (why not, they are selling all they can make) and some dealers are taking on "market price adjustments". :eek:hno:
Even though the 2008 Acadia may have direct injection and 25 more HP, anybody that wants a deal needs to hustle and get a 2007 now, I think, as we will start to see MSRP prices climb fast into the upper Tahoe region ($45-50K) in the next year.
Success of this platform will breed GM giving Chevy the platform as quickly as they can as well, so they need more plant capacity fast.
At least GM is smart enough to capitalize on the situation, where Ford is too stupid to, with vehicles like the new Mustang Cobra and Cobra KR being brutally limited in production and subject to outlandish ADM's by dealers, rather than upping production and making more money (which somewhere along the blog I heard they needed), with the lame concept that limiting production will help them to sell more of the meat and potatoes cars like the 500(soon Taurus) :banghead: that nobody wants! :angryfire:

·
Registered
405 Posts
jrc50 said:
Even though the 2008 Acadia may have direct injection and 25 more HP
i thought the acadia already had direct injection because it is required for the remote start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rollin thunder said:
jrc50 said:
i thought the acadia already had direct injection because it is required for the remote start.
You are thinking Fuel Injection which of course it has. Direct injection sprays the fuel directly into the cylinder. The 2008 Cadillac CTS is using a 3.6L V-6 with direct injection and getting 300 Hp from the engine with the same fuel economy. I have yet to read anything that says the direct injection engine will be going into anything but the CTS.

·
Registered
405 Posts
mike c said:
rollin thunder said:
jrc50 said:
You are thinking Fuel Injection which of course it has. Direct injection sprays the fuel directly into the cylinder. The 2008 Cadillac CTS is using a 3.6L V-6 with direct injection and getting 300 Hp from the engine with the same fuel economy. I have yet to read anything that says the direct injection engine will be going into anything but the CTS.
no need for offence, but I am a mechanic i think i know what i am talking about. I certanly know the difference between them

·
Registered
159 Posts
So what are the plus's to having direct injection over fuel injected?

·
Registered
659 Posts
rollin thunder said:
jrc50 said:
Why would direct injection be required for remote start?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
From what I have read, the basic benefits of direct injection or fuel injection seem to be
better fuel economy and lower emmissions.

·
Registered
405 Posts
GerryL said:
rollin thunder said:
jrc50 said:
Why would direct injection be required for remote start?
to have fuel in the engine for the machine to start it. long ago i bought a remote start for my grand father so when he was ready to leave the court room he could start his cadi and it could be warm or cool but because it is old (86) it has a carberator and the remote start would not work because there was no fuel in the engine if it sat for along time. If you notice if you let go of the key early it will still keep cranking that is direct injection working so weather you push a button ( on the key fob) or turn a key the same thing happens. But what is really neat is the push button start in my Fathers corvette.

·
Registered
405 Posts
linuxtwit said:
Gmoney_2010 said:
From what I have read, the basic benefits of direct injection or fuel injection seem to be
better fuel economy and lower emmissions.
i Just red that the acadia engine has Duel spray fuel injection. it is the new acadia denali with direct injection. SORRY

·
Registered
115 Posts
Who can confirm this from a dealership standpoint? I just spoke to my dealer in Maryland and they said they are still taking orders and the price locks in at the time the order is placed. They haven't heard anything about GM asking to stop ordering the '07 models.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I just placed my order on Friday and I'm told that the system had it locked in before I left at about noon Friday 4/6. Apparently it was still open at that point.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My Dealer also said that they have been given a cutoff date for new orders. I don't recall what the date is, but this is apparently true.

·
Registered
119 Posts
BigGuy said:
I have been told that the price is locked in at the time you take delivery not when the order is placed.
For me, I came to a deal on price THEN ordered it. It made sense to know what I would be paying before I agreed to order one.

·
Registered
230 Posts
my dealer told me the price was locked in at time of order.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i Just red that the acadia engine has Duel spray fuel injection. it is the new acadia denali with direct injection. SORRY
[/quote]

Where are you getting your information from regarding the Acadia Denali? GM has not even confirmed that there will be a Denali version, not to mention which engine will be used.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Interceptor said:

Where are you getting your information from regarding the Acadia Denali? GM has not even confirmed that there will be a Denali version, not to mention which engine will be used.
[/quote]

just type acadia denali in google or ask.com there is a gold mine of info on it there. too many links to post here.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts