GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been carrying a lot of people in the 3rd row recently and have been annoyed that the factory floor mats keep the 2nd-row captains seats from sliding all the way forward. Has anyone found a good work around? Seems like it might be a job for aftermarket mats in the 2nd row.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got the Hexomats from Autoupgrade.net for the 2nd and 3rd row and they allow the captains chairs to move forward all the way. They are wonderful mats. Highly recommend them! (great for spills, rain, snow, mud too)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
apples said:
I got the Hexomats from Autoupgrade.net for the 2nd and 3rd row and they allow the captains chairs to move forward all the way. They are wonderful mats. Highly recommend them! (great for spills, rain, snow, mud too)
I've got a Hexomat in the cargo area already. I don't really need foul weather mats for the passenger area. If I replace the factory ones, I'll probably go with carpeted ones

·
Registered
6 Posts
THANK YOU for posting this. What the heck is the purpose of the sliding seat if the mats block it! I have the same trouble. Haven't been back to the dealer but I really don't think after spending 38K I should have to buy mats to get their system to work...any ideas out there?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Ours works fine with the factory mats - am I missing something? Have they made a change? The mats fold up and out of the way when you activate the smartslide feature.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the factory all weather mats. Although the coverage isn't there for the second row as I would like, the mats are well out of the way for the smart slide feature. Are you sure you don't have the 3rd row mat in the second row by mistake? The big one is for the 3rd row, the two little ones (that i think are useless) are for the 2nd row so the seats can slide. Maybe a post some pictures if you can.

Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Irish said:
I have the factory all weather mats. Although the coverage isn't there for the second row as I would like, the mats are well out of the way for the smart slide feature. Are you sure you don't have the 3rd row mat in the second row by mistake? The big one is for the 3rd row, the two little ones (that i think are useless) are for the 2nd row so the seats can slide. Maybe a post some pictures if you can.
Now that will be downright embarassing if I've got the rows switched. I'll check tonight.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I only wonder cuz I sort of went through the same thing. I order the GMC all weather mats for the 2nd, 3rd & cargo from the dealer. When I got them home and took them out of the box I thought "This can't be right, they must have got the wrong part number." The big mat didn't fit just right in the 2nd, but perfect in the 3rd. But what the heck are these two tiny mats? So I went back to the dealer and even the parts guy thought he ordered the wrong mats. After a double check we learned the two little mats were for the 2nd. Ah! I wouldn't have spent the money had I known that! I mean, I thought GM built it...they would be the authority on mats! Oh well, I'll let it slide...they got the rest of it right. Love my Acadia! ;D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
admin said:
Ours works fine with the factory mats - am I missing something? Have they made a change? The mats fold up and out of the way when you activate the smartslide feature.
No, you're right. It looks like the mats are creased so that they should roll up when the seats slide forward. Unfortunately, ours are bunching up instead of rolling.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The mats actually don't really roll. They are designed to bunch up in a controlled fashion. You already found the crease and there is a pre-delivery tech note but I cannot find it now. Basically, it says to take the edge of the mat that is closest to the rear of the vehicle and fold it under along the crease near the middle if the mat. Tighten the crease up as you would a piece of paper and then unfold it. This should help the mat move how it is supposed to.

I think it works well - it's sort of a compromise to get a mat that actually covers some of the floor. The other solution is like the Weathertech floor liners. They basically notch out the liners so the tracks are never covered. I'm tempted to get them as I need the protection and I bet the smart slide seats will move smoother but that will leave a lot of uncovered floor space.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I emailed WetherTech a few weeks ago. Have the liners in the front and love them. I was told they don't make the liners for the 2nd row captains yet, but it's in the works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got home with my 09 last night. I went back to the dealership this morinng and raised hell after noticing the floor mat issue mentioned here. Our conclusion that our 8-seater had been equiped with floor mat designed for a 7-seater. So, either the dealer screwed up or GM designed this very poorly.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
jacadia said:
Just got home with my 09 last night. I went back to the dealership this morinng and raised hell after noticing the floor mat issue mentioned here. Our conclusion that our 8-seater had been equiped with floor mat designed for a 7-seater. So, either the dealer screwed up or GM designed this very poorly.
I would guess that the dealership screwed up; there is quite a difference with the second row captain's chair and the bench seat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts