GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need cross rails to hold my cargo carrier before my vacation in August. The question I have is should I go with the factory cross rails, or an aftermarket rail system such as Thule or Yakima?

I bought the factory cross rails for my Yukon, and now have to sell them to buy new ones for the Acadia. Also I thought I read that these were taking a long time to receive from the people who ordered them. Are these the ones??

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
I recently purchased a Yakima cross rail system, bought primarily for our Suburban as those crossrails do not hold much weight, the Acadia cross rails are rated for 200 lbs, that is good for a stock crossrail system. The bars I bought should also fit on the Acadia but no one was able to say positively as the Acadia is so new. I just took delivery of the bars yesterday, if I have time this weekend I will try too get them on the Acadia and post pictures. The image you show looks like that is the correct product, it is hard to say with the cargo box in the picture but the price sounds right, no insight into the delivery time, I do know that most Acadia parts are in demand so it would not surprise me that these are taking some time to deliver.

What makes me mad is that we have to purchase these crossrails at all, we are purchasing a $32K up to $45K vehicle and the crossrails are an extra accessory :angryfire: These should be standard, especially on the SLT model - even the lower priced Hyundia Santa Fe has the cross rails standard on all models.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be great. I am curious to see pictures of the Yakima rails.

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Here are some pics of the Yakina Lowrider Mounts and the cross rails (66") - the cross rails are kind of long for the Acadia but I bought them for the Suburban so I can live with them - did not have time to put the cargo box on, will try to get to that soon. The front cross rail appears to be slightly lower than the rear one, due to the slope of the roof rails, not to much to worry about. I think the stock cross rails look better but these are really strong and I can use on two vehicles we own.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
More pics - due to weather I could not get outside shots or clean the Acadia :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
MY HUSBAND AND I ARE PLANNING A ROAD TRIP AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND THE CROSS RAILS FOR 05 YUKON. WE ARE LOOKING TO PURCHASE. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR CROSS RAILS AND HOW MUCH ARE YOU WILLING TO SELL THEM FOR??

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
If you are going to buy the GM Cargo box stick with the factory cross rails. Much easier installation.

Plan on doing mine this weekend.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dsosa - I asume you're talking to me. I would like to get $50.00 for them. I am probably going to put them on ebay tonight. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the record....I decided to purchase the factory rails.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The Yakimas were not to hard to install, but I have to admit that the factory cross rails look much better on the vehicle than the aftermarket Yakimas and since the factories are rated at 200 lbs I think they are more than sufficient.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts