GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When buying a car, i have heard that dealers are more willing to negotiate at the end of month to hit there "quotas" and get inventory off there books? Any truth to that. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I don't know about end of the month, but end of they year maybe while trying to offload last years inventory.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The end of the month can go either way.
Depending upon the structure a sales floor has, many of the sales team may be trying to meet monthly quotas or extra bonuses. Throwing in extras or knocking off some $ may be a way to achieve this. Also, cars that have sat for than a month or more can bring you some savings.
But, the dealership may pressure you into buying what they have on the lot and will want to move the oldest inventory first. They may not be willing to find you what you want if you need specifics. The sales person will not want to spend as much time with you if you aren't ready to buy what they have.

So if you don't have specific requirements in a car, then you could find something worthwhile.
The end of the year (car year) can be another great time to buy, but once again choices can be limited.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought last Memorial Day and it didn't help a bit on price!

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
It really all boils down to the old law of supply and demand. If there is a great demand for a product the seller has little incentive to sell it at a discount even if he has a decent supply. He might sell a slow moving color or less popular optioned vehicle for a discount, but not the hot sellers. The Lambda's are very popular right now so big incentives and big cash discounts are not going to happen. There might be some small discounting or better finance options, but not rebates or large discounts. If the dealers are charging premium prices I would consider another brand. The Lambda's are very good vehicles, but so are the others. I get no thrill losing money on a car in depreciation let alone a bad deal. Just my opinion though.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Random but slighlty on topic.
I saw a commercial for GMC yesterday. Showed a group picture of the Yukon, Sierra and Acadia. Then started talking about the Yukon having 0% financing, and the Sierra having 0% financing, and I was shocked to think they were putting the Acadia at 0%, but they didn't they just advertised it with the rest of them, but did not say that it was 0%, guess they just wanted to get your attention.

·
Registered
956 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Random but slighlty on topic.
I saw a commercial for GMC yesterday. Showed a group picture of the Yukon, Sierra and Acadia. Then started talking about the Yukon having 0% financing, and the Sierra having 0% financing, and I was shocked to think they were putting the Acadia at 0%, but they didn't they just advertised it with the rest of them, but did not say that it was 0%, guess they just wanted to get your attention.
That is misleading to me. I would be upset if I went to the dealer expecting 0% due to the misleading ad only to be told that the Acadia wasn't included.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ah yes, the bait and switch routine. Get the customer in for the 0% on the traditional SUV and end up selling them an Acadia.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Or losing a customer to the competetion.
Sad but true.
Using the old playbook in the modern, information savy environment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts