GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

While on FB last night, it dawned on me, there really isn't a dedicated Acadia fan group there, so I created one. If you're on facebook and would like to get to know some of your fellow acadiaforum.net members on a slightly more personal level, feel free to join the group.

Just go to facebook and search for 'gmc acadia fans' - hope to see you there, too!

admin

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Nice one Admin. 5 members and counting.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
??? For us not in the loop, what is facebook? Is that something like myspace?
Yes it is very similar to myspace, but not as overboard as Myspace.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I checked Facebook out once, but I was already a Myspace member for some time and had no need for a duplicate type page. I have enough trouble keeping up with my friends on Myspace. LOL

Myspace = overboard? heh How so? Maybe I should check Facebook out again to find out for myself...

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Alright, I can see where Myspace might be considered more "overboard" than Facebook since it doesn't look like you can "fancy up" your Facebook page. Which is actually what I like about Myspace... but anyways. LOL

However, since it'd be nice to get to know my fellow Acadia freaks a little better, I've decided to sign up. I found the GMC Acadia Fans page, but it won't let me post. :-\ I've tried a few times. Maybe it's my work server. I'll have to try again from home. I made myself a nice lil Facebook page, copied over my Myspace profile since it says it all already (heh) and uploaded some pix. Ta-dah!

Guess I should actually get some work done now...

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raven, I'm on myspace as well. I have 2 sisters, both MUCH younger than me, both still back in Oklahoma. Social networks are the only way I can communicate with them (well, except for TXTing. They <3 TXTing! lol) About a year ago, everyone made the switch to facebook. As an adult, I like it SOOOO much better than myspace. I've reconnected with literally half of my high school class, most of which I hadn't spoken to in nearly 20 years! I think of it as an 'slightly more professional myspace'.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
My son is on Myspace. The one condition of him being allowed to have a profile was that he add me as a friend. As it turns out, it's a great way to keep up on what he's up to. Those kids have long drawn out conversations via comments on each other's pages. LOL And many of his friends have added me as their friend too, so I can keep up on everything that's going on. *sneaky* I like to post embarrassing pictures of him as a baby/toddler in his comments for his friends to laugh about. ;D

Mainly we communicate via text messages though. Even if we are both in the house, but in different rooms. LOL!

Mom: "ur tv is 2 loud" Son: "kk, btr now?"

Mom: "ur pizza is done" Son: "kk thx"

We have many of these conversations. ;)

Anyway, back on topic... I figured out this Facebook thing. I haven't really found any of my friends on it yet though. I did some searching this afternoon. I have a whole two friends so far: you and my son (I discovered he had a Facebook page when I signed up).

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Bumping this for people to see.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Web Raven said:
Can't we just sticky it to the top for a while? :)
looks like you or some other mod did it.... works for me.. I still like bumping because it catches more eyes too :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Aren't you a little young to be an admin? Just looking at your FB pic. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
GeoHawk said:
bonk1313 said:
Aren't you a little young to be an admin? Just looking at your FB pic. ;D
Shhhh Don't tell my parents. hahahaha

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
I joined (for all those that care :)

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
mattrourke said:
also joined. always looking for more distractions on facebook!
Facebook is like the most addicting thing on the planet. It's internet crack.

I'd like to note that if not for the GMC Acadia Fans group on Facebook, I would not have thought to sign up there. Because I signed up for Facebook, I've reconnected with about 5 old friends that I used to hang out with in high school and now we're all getting together at my place next month for a reunion party. Yay!

So thank you AcadiaForum.net and Facebook. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Web Raven said:
mattrourke said:
also joined. always looking for more distractions on facebook!

I'd like to note that if not for the GMC Acadia Fans group on Facebook, I would not have thought to sign up there. Because I signed up for Facebook, I've reconnected with about 5 old friends that I used to hang out with in high school and now we're all getting together at my place next month for a reunion party. Yay!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Web Raven said:

:cheers:
Oh yeah, we fully intend on doing plenty of that. LOL

:welcome: :cheers: :rock: :beer: :banana: :drunk: :friday: :dancing: :sleepy:

But maybe not necessarily in that order.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts