GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we picked up our 08 Acadia late at the dealer and didn't have time to go over much. Upon unpacking the plastic bag full of floor mats, cargo net and such I found a long 6 foot cable with a white connector on the end of it and just plain wires on the other end. I looked through the owners manual but could not find any information on it. Does anyone know what it goes to? Possible trailer brake controler????
Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
I believe it is for the trailer break controller.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wonder if your dealer left out a step during "dealer prep" (the process of getting a vehicle from the delivery trailer to the customer). The reason I wonder if the dealer left out a prep step is that the manual below mentions the wire should be "tied to the vehicle's frame".

From the Acadia Manual:

Trailer Wiring Harness
Your vehicle is equipped with the following wiring harness for towing a trailer.

Basic Trailer Wiring

The trailer wiring harness, with a seven-pin connector, is located at the rear of the vehicle and is tied to the vehicle’s frame. The harness connector can be plugged into a seven-pin universal heavy-duty trailer connector available through your dealer/retailer.

The seven-wire harness contains the following trailer circuits:
• Yellow[/color]: Left Stop/Turn Signal
• Dark Green[/color]: Right Stop/Turn Signal
• Brown[/color]: Taillamps
• White[/color]: Ground
• Light Green[/color]: Back-up Lamps
• Red[/color]: Battery Feed
• Dark Blue[/color]: Trailer Brake
[/color]

·
Registered
71 Posts
jfencl said:
I believe it is for the trailer break controller.
Our salesman also told us it was for trailer brakes.

·
Registered
395 Posts
gbshuler said:
I wonder if your dealer left out a step during "dealer prep" (the process of getting a vehicle from the delivery trailer to the customer). The reason I wonder if the dealer left out a prep step is that the manual below mentions the wire should be "tied to the vehicle's frame".
It's a completely different wire from the one on the frame. It is used to add an aftermarket brake controller if you have a trailer with electric brakes. It plugs in under the dash but most people with light duty trailers (no brakes) will never need to use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts