GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked into any lighting upgrades yet???

I just ordered some LED license plate lights and I was thinking about changing the DRL's in the front (I have HID's).
Sylvania states that it is a 3157, but I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience changing them out.

I was thinking either LED's or an Amber bulb.

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
MOVED: Exterior Lighting Upgrades...

This topic has been moved to Body / Exterior.

[iurl]http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4893.0[/iurl]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Exterior Lighting Upgrades...

I just upgraded the headlamp bulbs in mine. What a freakin joke it is to do that. The Vision X superwhite bulbs are fantastic though.

·
Registered
423 Posts

you know the beamer look of the led ring around the headlight would be pretty cool. how do we get that going?

·
Registered
63 Posts

Schram said:
you know the beamer look of the led ring around the headlight would be pretty cool. how do we get that going?
I don't think we can. But I agree that it looks really cool on them.

·
Registered
134 Posts

blulytes said:
Has anyone looked into any lighting upgrades yet???

I just ordered some LED license plate lights and I was thinking about changing the DRL's in the front (I have HID's).
Sylvania states that it is a 3157, but I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience changing them out.

I was thinking either LED's or an Amber bulb.

What do you think?
Can you post pics of the Acadia with the LED Lic plate when you have a chance. I have the standard Polarg hyper white bulbs on the Acadia and MBZ. Looks okay, just not as bright as the Lexus ones.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I will try to get some for you. The ones I got are Lexus bright, lights up the whole ground too.
Looks really good with the brake lights.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

tmundal said:
Schram said:
I don't think we can. But I agree that it looks really cool on them.
pay the right amount of money and you can add them to anything.
I know a guy over on the maxima forum who add's LED's and the rings to headlights. Really has done some cool stuff.
i'll have to get some pics

·
Registered
423 Posts

get em, i wanna see how it looks. i think i am going to try to get that to work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Now granted this is a maxima, but you can add 'angel eyes' to anything

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

now this is cool...
its called "iron man"
these are real pics, not photoshopped.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Oooh Ooooh I want. Of course you probably have to drop the engine to install those...but it might be worth it.

·
Registered
423 Posts

i dont care if you have to pull the body off the frame, those are tight. they are a "cap" of sorts for the projectors. i dont have the machining equipment to make those. so cool.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Here are the LED License Plates...

The pics are screwy because I had to turn off the flash.
These are the ones I got if anyone is interested:
http://autolumination.com/194.htm
194 Superstar Bulbs With Metal Heat Sink (4th one down)
in Super White.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I ordered some of the license plaste lights. I went out to install them and.................. The two screws holding the light cover in place just continue to turn and don't come out. The same for both of the light covers. They don't even seem to tighten...they just turn. The lights have a "funny" looking base, not of the usual bases. They're just round with a rough surface. How do you install these things?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The license plate light covers are held in by two "fake" screws.

I found it easier with a small flat head screwdriver to pop off the clear cover as straight as possible. Be gentle, you need to use these screws again.

Installing the LED's is fairly simple, just pull the old one out and pop the new one in.
LED's are polar so test them before putting the unit back together. If they don't work, pull them out, rotate the light 1/2 turn and re-install.

Place them all back and then just push the screws back into place. No need for "screwing or torquing" them.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
If anyone wants some genuine BMW headlights, I'll sell all 4 for $6000... and throw in the car. :p

·
Registered
123 Posts
Blulytes.. I got bulbs installed. I used pliers to pull out the dummy screws and then all when well after that. I guess I had never seen "not for real" screws before. Thanks. My initial examination of the bulbs had me looking at the heat sink not realizing that is the "light" part of the bulb. Sometimes a MBA just doesn't grasp this engineering stuff!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts