GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were offered to make the standard 3 yr warranty a 5 yr bumper to bumper for an extra $1399. We declined, I couldn't see paying $700/yr for those last 2 yrs. Is there a cheaper/better way to do it? Is it even necessary?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've always gone with GM Major Guard. I once had a Chevy Blazer that had so many components go bad on it in years 4 and 5 that it paid for itself after the second repair. On separate occassions I had the following replaced: transmission, 4 wheel drive gearbox, power window motor, windshield wiper motor, alternator, oil lines. When the extended warranty was coming up to expiration, I traded that dog in (with all due respect to Rover) If it weren't for the coverage, that car might have put me in the poor house.

Of course, an experience like mine makes a sound argument for it. If you experience no problems at all after the original 3/36, then it will seem like a waste of money. Honestly, I've been on both sides of that fence. But given the issues I have had, if for no other reason, I get it for the "mental insurance" it provides me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts