GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the express up window has a sensor on it to prevent accidents? Tried an Outlook and put my hand in the window. Rolled the window up and once it met my hand it bounced back. Tried that with the Acadia and nearly lost 4 fingers. Is there a way this feature was just turned off or does the Acadia not have that safety feature. Hard to imagine it would not.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i was worried about that too so i tried it (but not with my hand), i used a stick and it broke the stick in half and i rolled it back down. So i don't think it does have it. :angryfire: :banghead: I think it should though. Is there any way to turn off the express up window. ???

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was told it does. If you like I will get one of my sons stuffed animals and test it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just remembered I need to wait a couple days before I put the windows down. The tint needs to cure. I am almost positive it stops or reverses though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ok just tested it both front windows have it but neither of the rear window do. It is only on the windows with Express, I have an SLT2 so don't know if it matters by model.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all you lucky Acadia owners. I will test another to see what happens. One I tried was SLT-2. Just in off the truck. Maybe it had not been programmed yet? Definitely a must have with express up I think. Almost lopped my dogs head off once without express up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't have express UP in my SLT-1, but have you guys looked through the DIC to see if it can be disabled....that would be my first guess.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The express window feature seems like a pretty good one on both windows until you try to lower them just a little bit to take advantage of aftermarket window vents. :banghead: I am sure there is a trick to it, but seems to be easiest to just open the windows on the second set of doors, they are conventional.

·
Registered
126 Posts
jrc50 said:
The express window feature seems like a pretty good one on both windows until you try to lower them just a little bit to take advantage of aftermarket window vents. :banghead: I am sure there is a trick to it, but seems to be easiest to just open the windows on the second set of doors, they are conventional.
I do not have my Acadia yet, but I assumed they would function like our VW. The switch has two stages. A light push down works like a conventional power window; a full press on the switch activates the express down. Same function with the up. I will be real annoyed if the Acadia doesn't have this feature. You do not always want to open the window all the way or have to mess with the switch to stop it mid-stream.

·
Registered
218 Posts
FRW said:
jrc50 said:
I do not have my Acadia yet, but I assumed they would function like our VW. The switch has two stages. A light push down works like a conventional power window; a full press on the switch activates the express down. Same function with the up. I will be real annoyed if the Acadia doesn't have this feature. You do not always want to open the window all the way or have to mess with the switch to stop it mid-stream.
FRW you are correct, there is 2 settings one to roll down a little at a time you control, then another for express down or up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Boltbacker, Thanks for confirming. :thumb: Good news.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well you learn something everyday! :blob:

·
Registered
497 Posts
FRW is correct, tap lightly on express up/down and you get slight movement to crack the window. If you haven't had the express up/down feature before, yes, it does take some getting used to. On our VW and Audi, still don't always get it right ... 5 years with VW, and 11 years with 2 Audis.

OK, per the topic of this thread:
While being passenger in our SLT-2 today, I stuck my neck out and tried the "don't cut your arm or head off" feature. NO, I didn't use my neck, but my arm. It worked perfectly and didn't cut my arm off. I've tried the power gate too (while not moving, of course) and when it touched my back, it stopped closing and reopened.

I can only guess that the "stick" that rolling thunder used was A-too small and B-too close to the closing to trip the auto-reopen feature.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Acadia4VA-WV said:
FRW is correct, tap lightly on express up/down and you get slight movement to crack the window. If you haven't had the express up/down feature before, yes, it does take some getting used to. On our VW and Audi, still don't always get it right ... 5 years with VW, and 11 years with 2 Audis.

OK, per the topic of this thread:
While being passenger in our SLT-2 today, I stuck my neck out and tried the "don't cut your arm or head off" feature. NO, I didn't use my neck, but my arm. It worked perfectly and didn't cut my arm off. I've tried the power gate too (while not moving, of course) and when it touched my back, it stopped closing and reopened.

I can only guess that the "stick" that rolling thunder used was A-too small and B-too close to the closing to trip the auto-reopen feature.
it was right at the top. sorry didn't think it would make a difference

1 - 14 of 14 Posts