Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, as I have seen on here, and posted the other day.
I purchased an Acadia with the Tow package. I found out that there is no power to the Reverse wires in the 7 pin connection, and no power coming through the dedicated fuse on the fuse panel under the hood. I would suggest that everyone check this on your vehicle if you have the 7 pin connection.[/color] The next time you take your vehicle in I would request them to fix it. This is unacceptable that this was a known problem with 07's and they put out the 08's with the same problem. :angryfire:

Power in numbers, if we all complain or make them fix it, maybe the new vehicles coming off the line will be correct to start with.

·
Registered
812 Posts
will check mine when it arrives.... thanks 4 da info!!! ;D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rolloffhill said:
Do you have reverse lights on your trailers??? ???
I currently do not own a trailer.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rolloffhill said:
I just don't see a need for it, I have yet to see or use a trailer with reverse lights.....
I guess I can understand what your saying in regards to trailering and towing.
But for those of us that are into Modifications or adding little extras, this is important.

Example, I am installing a rear view camera, Being able to get power from this "reverse wire" in the 7 pin connector is very helpful.
Those people that wish to have more lighting shine towards the back while reversing maybe interested in getting the receiver adapter that has 2-55watt lightbulbs in it, will need to have an operating reverse terminal on the 7 pin connector for this to work. http://www.whitenight.com/

There are other people that have mentioned this, here is a blurb from the post at http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/in...lies=19;sesc=67ad267fc3fbc52c08c063d0d48d769c

crash2864 said:
We ordered our Acadia with the trailer package. All of the lights on the trailer worked, but I found that when I put the vehicle in reverse the trailer brakes locked up. The trailer has surge brakes, and when the vehicle is place in reverse it should de-activate the brakes on the trailer so it can back-up.
So there are important reasons this should be addressed and fixed on all vehicles.
In my personal opinion, IT SHOULD WORK BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE PAID FOR!
If your vehicle was installed with the DIC to tell you what the mpg of your fuel usage was and that didn't work, would you still say "I just don't see a need for it" because in reality, you could just calculate it on your own?

Not trying to attack or get personal, but I guess I work hard for my money, and If something I pay for is not working as it should, then it should be fixed. GM knew it didn't work, and they did nothing for it, that is unacceptable.

·
Registered
116 Posts
rolloffhill said:
I just don't see a need for it, I have yet to see or use a trailer with reverse lights.....
I have reverse lights on my ski boat trailer...the reverse circuit also serves to disengage the surge brake so that you can "back" uphill without the brakes dragging. I typically use our Yukon for towing but would like to take the Acadia in a pinch - will have to get that reverse circuit working by next season.

·
Registered
71 Posts
bonk1313 said:
rolloffhill said:
I guess I can understand what your saying in regards to trailering and towing.
But for those of us that are into Modifications or adding little extras, this is important.

Example, I am installing a rear view camera, Being able to get power from this "reverse wire" in the 7 pin connector is very helpful.
Those people that wish to have more lighting shine towards the back while reversing maybe interested in getting the receiver adapter that has 2-55watt lightbulbs in it, will need to have an operating reverse terminal on the 7 pin connector for this to work. http://www.whitenight.com/

There are other people that have mentioned this, here is a blurb from the post at http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/in...lies=19;sesc=67ad267fc3fbc52c08c063d0d48d769c

crash2864 said:
We ordered our Acadia with the trailer package. All of the lights on the trailer worked, but I found that when I put the vehicle in reverse the trailer brakes locked up. The trailer has surge brakes, and when the vehicle is place in reverse it should de-activate the brakes on the trailer so it can back-up.
So there are important reasons this should be addressed and fixed on all vehicles.
In my personal opinion, IT SHOULD WORK BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE PAID FOR!
If your vehicle was installed with the DIC to tell you what the mpg of your fuel usage was and that didn't work, would you still say "I just don't see a need for it" because in reality, you could just calculate it on your own?

Not trying to attack or get personal, but I guess I work hard for my money, and If something I pay for is not working as it should, then it should be fixed. GM knew it didn't work, and they did nothing for it, that is unacceptable.

Apples and oranges....

I see where you are coming from and not trying to attack either...

On to the whiteknight product...I would be leary of that, but that is MY opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rolloffhill said:
On to the whiteknight product...I would be leary of that, but that is MY opinion.
Why are you leary? ???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts