GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many equalizer presets does your nav-radio have? The nav manual (page 2-27) specifies five presets (Rock, Pop, Country, Classical and Talk) plus "Custom". My SLT-2 only has "Talk" and "Custom". Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I also have just the 2 that I can see.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Me too. I was wondering about this because my Grand Prix with the Nav radio has 6 plus custom. I know it is a different manufacturer but still, what gives?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm taking mine in tonight to get the oil changed and a couple of minor issues looked at and I plan to ask about this. Perhaps it's by design but the manual says different.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More curious, I meant to scan the '08 manual but here's the page from the '07 manual, which only shows two presets...

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I guess they figured you should either listen to talk radio, or jam the radio no in betweens. That's fine with me since I don't really ever change my sound preset anyway.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, I don't either. I just thought it was strange that the manual shows one thing and the actual screen is different.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have the rear DVD and only have the "Talk" and "Custom" modes.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do not have DVD.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The on-line PDF of the nav manual (MY 2007) talks about "automatic equalization" somewhere around page 58-60. If you only have the talk and custom options then you have the auto EQ. I don't know any specifics on how it works.

·
Registered
681 Posts
If I remember correctly aren't you able to have seperate custom EQ settings for each of the audio channels (AM/FM/XM/DISC/AUX) - this would equal five custom EQ settings, maybe this is what the manual means. ??? I have to test again on my way home.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
johnway said:
If I remember correctly aren't you able to have seperate custom EQ settings for each of the audio channels (AM/FM/XM/DISC/AUX) - this would equal five custom EQ settings, maybe this is what the manual means. ??? I have to test again on my way home.
I don't think so. The actual manual shows five buttons across the bottom of the display. My car is at the shop at the moment otherwise I'd scan the page out of it that shows this.

·
Registered
681 Posts
jfencl said:
johnway said:
I don't think so. The actual manual shows five buttons across the bottom of the display. My car is at the shop at the moment otherwise I'd scan the page out of it that shows this.
I knew I read this somewhere in the manual - pg 282 to 283 (year 2007 manual) you do have unique EQ settings for each source, however as I read further, if you have the BOSE you only have Manual and Talk as EQ settings ??? more money for Bose but you lose the preset EQ settings :banghead::

EQ (Equalization): Press this button to choose
bass and treble equalization settings designed for
different types of music. The choices are pop,
rock, country, talk, jazz, and classical. Selecting
MANUAL or changing bass or treble, returns
the EQ to the manual bass and treble settings.
Unique EQ settings can be saved for each source.[/color]
If your radio has a Bose
®
audio system, the EQ
settings are either MANUAL or TALK.[/color]

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've always been a manual EQ type of guy myself on any audio system (car or home) I've ever owned, so not a big deal for me personally. However, it does seem odd that additional features are being taking away on an upgraded system.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just went out to the garage and cut my Outlook on to check out exactly what I have.

I have an "EQ" button that responds only when the radio is on. When I press it 7 options pop up on the screen that I can select from in this order.... Pop, Rock, Country, Talk, Jazz, Classical, or Manual. I do not have the NAV or the DVD systems.
Key1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts