GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a tech advisory released today to GM Garages for testing a no shut down condition

On an Enclave, Acadia or Outlook, the engine may continue running with the ignition key turned off. This can happen if circuit 5985 (the ignition 1 circuit going to the ECM) has 5 volts or more on it when the ignition key is turned off.

Check circuit 5985 at the ECM for voltage (5 volts or more) with the ignition key turned off.
If voltage is found on circuit 5985, remove the fuse for the BCM and the TCM one at a time, and see if the engine turns off. If the engine does not turn off, and there is still 5 volts or more on circuit 5985, check circuit 5985 for a short to voltage concern. If the engine does turn off when pulling the BCM or TCM fuse, replace the module that caused the engine to turn off with the fuse removed.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I had this happen to my 04 Envoy XUV, but not the Acadia. I hope it never does.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ours did it a couple of times over one weekend a while back, but has never done it again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My car is still in a the GMC dealer! A new fusebox was ordered for the car. Also there was water coming in through my windshield which somehow got into the fusebox.

·
Super Moderator
21,763 Posts
This party was over in 2008!:facepalm: Most, if not all of the posters have left the building ;D

Any new information to add?? ??? ???

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Speleos said:
This party was over in 2008!:facepalm: Most, if not all of the posters have left the building ;D

Any new information to add?? ??? ???
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts