GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! I am new to this, My Wife and I bought a brand new 08 GMC Acadia for a wedding pressent for ourselfs, about 7 months ago, We love the car but have had a few problems, First of all we have had problems with the doors leaking, both front doors! I have taken it to the dealer four time and the Drivers door still leaks? No clue why? The next problem is the one that has me worried, the otherday i went to go somewhere and the car wouldn't start, it turned over but no start. About an hour later, i tried it again and it started just fine, three days later it did it again but this time it would almost start but stall out before starting all the way. I called my dealer the next moring and they sent a wrecker to get the Acadia, I tried one more time while waiting and it again wouldn't even try to start. I have saw alot on this site about a cam shaft problem, I hope this isn't related to that. If anyone has any info for me on these problems let me know. Thanks Again,

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
What area of the door is the leak coming from; not sure about the camshift issue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think around the seal at the top of the door. When it rains there is like a line of water on the seat, right at the edge.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I've heard of a couple of members with a leak from the weatherstripping around the door that the dealer fixed by either adjusting or replacing the weatherstripping.  But I haven't heard of any starting issues related to it.  The only starting issues from leaks that I've heard of related to a seal in the cowl area on the passenger side of the dash where water can get behind the dash and affect one of the control modules. 

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't mean the water causeing the starting problem, I just ment in general problems! lol

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Firedude753 said:
I didn't mean the water causeing the starting problem, I just ment in general problems! lol
Oh, OK. ;) I'm at a loss on the starting problem, sorry. Water in the fuel maybe? Hopefully it's something as simple as that, but at least there's never been any starting issues with the camshaft problem, so that's likely not the problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just a thought...Are you parked on a hill??
I have an 07 and my vehicle will NOT start on an incline if it has much less than a 1/4 tank of fuel. Apparently this is engineering oversight in the tank design. I've seen it happen on dealers lots too when they try to start a demo that was parked on the display ramps in front of the dealership.
If I come late at night and forget to fill up, I've actually gotten used to putting it in neutral, coasting out onto the street and it'll start fine on the flat!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Another thought, is the dead battery issue listed on here. Where the lights bright? Could the battery have kicked the bucket?

·
Registered
423 Posts
maritimer said:
I have an 07 and my vehicle will NOT start on an incline if it has much less than a 1/4 tank of fuel. Apparently this is engineering oversight in the tank design. I've seen it happen on dealers lots too when they try to start a demo that was parked on the display ramps in front of the dealership.
If I come late at night and forget to fill up, I've actually gotten used to putting it in neutral, coasting out onto the street and it'll start fine on the flat!
good...it happened to my wife. i use to get on her about keeping fuel in the tank, never listened till it wouldnt start. some think it is a problem, i say "thank you GM"!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Schram said:
maritimer said:
good...it happened to my wife. i use to get on her about keeping fuel in the tank, never listened till it wouldnt start. some think it is a problem, i say "thank you GM"!
I haven't had this problem with the Acadia, but I did with the Tahoe I used to have. If the tank was 1/4 or less it would not start on an incline. The family and I get stranded in the middle of the night driving thru Kentucky, it took over an hour to get the AAA tow truck guy to believe us that we knew what the problem was (gas gauge even showed that we wern't empty) and then had to wait another 1/2 hour for him to go get us 2 gallons of gas so that we could get our car started and to the gas station. Needless to say, we never let our gauge get down to 1/4 tank again.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
If it is a fuel issue as mentioned above it will be easy for the dealer to determine this by inclining it and checking for fuel pressure. Otherwise it is probably an ignition issue- with their scanner they can find this out as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts