GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 3.6L engine gave out. Does anyone know if a 2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 3.6L engine swap will work?

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
It won't easily be done. The 2008 is equipped with an LY7 variant of the the 3.6L engine - the '11 is an LLT. LY7 is port-injected while the LLT is direct-injection. Electronic controls and fuel delivery among other things are different. Your best bet for a direct swap is finding another LLT 3.6L V-6 (VIN code D) from a 2009 or later Acadia, Outlook, Enclave, or Traverse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. out of curiosity, would you know if the transmissions would be compatible?

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Thank you. out of curiosity, would you know if the transmissions would be compatible?
Yes they are - 6T75 transmission was used throughout the Lambda-platform GM CUV. Only change to the trans is in 2013 when the TEHCM was redesigned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It won't easily be done. The 2008 is equipped with an LY7 variant of the the 3.6L engine - the '11 is an LLT. LY7 is port-injected while the LLT is direct-injection. Electronic controls and fuel delivery among other things are different. Your best bet for a direct swap is finding another LLT 3.6L V-6 (VIN code D) from a 2009 or later Acadia, Outlook, Enclave, or Traverse.
Do you know if you swap wire harness and ecm if it could work ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know what needs to be done specifically in order to make it work. I'm doing myself and already bought the engine and didn't know there was a difference. Any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Do you know what needs to be done specifically in order to make it work. I'm doing myself and already bought the engine and didn't know there was a difference. Any help would be appreciated
No I don't. Sorry. I'm not aware of any information about it at all, or I'd be happy to point you in that direction.

Reactions: Ayala503
1 - 8 of 8 Posts