GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,688 Posts
It won't easily be done. The 2008 is equipped with an LY7 variant of the the 3.6L engine - the '11 is an LLT. LY7 is port-injected while the LLT is direct-injection. Electronic controls and fuel delivery among other things are different. Your best bet for a direct swap is finding another LLT 3.6L V-6 (VIN code D) from a 2009 or later Acadia, Outlook, Enclave, or Traverse.

·
Super Moderator
23,688 Posts
Thank you. out of curiosity, would you know if the transmissions would be compatible?
Yes they are - 6T75 transmission was used throughout the Lambda-platform GM CUV. Only change to the trans is in 2013 when the TEHCM was redesigned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It won't easily be done. The 2008 is equipped with an LY7 variant of the the 3.6L engine - the '11 is an LLT. LY7 is port-injected while the LLT is direct-injection. Electronic controls and fuel delivery among other things are different. Your best bet for a direct swap is finding another LLT 3.6L V-6 (VIN code D) from a 2009 or later Acadia, Outlook, Enclave, or Traverse.
Do you know if you swap wire harness and ecm if it could work ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know what needs to be done specifically in order to make it work. I'm doing myself and already bought the engine and didn't know there was a difference. Any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
23,688 Posts
Do you know what needs to be done specifically in order to make it work. I'm doing myself and already bought the engine and didn't know there was a difference. Any help would be appreciated
No I don't. Sorry. I'm not aware of any information about it at all, or I'd be happy to point you in that direction.

Reactions: Ayala503

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ouch. As Speleos pointed out, there are a lot of differences between the direct-injection version and the older motor. At the very least you'd need the entire intake system and fuel delivery system from the older motor as well as the harness, and someone really knowledgeable to re-flash the ECU programming to support the older electronics.

Ugh, no, the more I think about this, it isn't going to work. The direct inject system operates at much higher pressure (mechanic told me 200-ish PSI, which is mind-blowing?), to it'll require changing the fuel pump, which IIRC is in the fuel tank. Probably have to change the fuel lines, too, because I am sure those are very different. New fuel rail, new injectors.

Honestly, probably much easier and cheaper to re-sell that '08 motor to someone who needs it and get the right motor for yourself. :(

Reactions: miketm

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
2010 acadia put 2019 engine any directions appreciated !
Not really advisable.
They are too different engines so integration of the ECM. BCM, wiring , and more would not be compatible.
Best to stick with the same engine family the 2010 has.

·
Super Moderator
23,688 Posts
What do u think about equinox 3.6 2015
That woud be the LFX V6 variant. You'd probably still face a lot of extra work to make the swap a success. As stated before, better to make the engine swap with an LLT variant. It would be much more PnP than trying to change engine type (variant).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts