GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My 2009 AWD stalled while stopped (thank God for that). Turning the key wouldn't do anything. The code being thrown was U0100, i.e. The ECM wasn't communicating for some reason.

Got it towed to my regular shop, who found a burnt fuse for ECM which they duly replaced. However, the car would now crank but not start. There were a few codes being thrown, a couple of which hinted at a problem with wiring for a couple of injectors, P2155 and P216D. The guys art the shop kept trying but they were out of their depth. The car is misfiring on at least 2 cylinders and not even idling.

Here's a bunch of codes I scanned with my m Blue Driver OBD scanner. Thinking about getting it towed to the dealer (only one in the town) but worried about spiralling costs.
View attachment 8892 View attachment 8892

Appreciate any help.

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
Something happened to the posted pics. Please post one of them, again. (They appeared to be the same screenshot.)

Taking the vehicle to the dealer is a good idea, BTW. The 'P' codes you've shown require manufacturer-specific information to decipher. A trip to the dealer could save you $$ in the long run.

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
Forum says this when attempting to view attachments:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
at this point the dealer with their computers,analyzing equipment, and schematics may be your answer. (or a shop with similar equipment)
Saw a video recently where a Traverse, would not crank, no radio, Cluster (no movement).
The tech- using the equipment and schematics was able to track down the issue and what it pointed to.
He unplugged the climate control module--- radio powered up, gauges moved, vehicle cranked right up..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses guys.
I did get it towed to the dealer yesterday. Let's see what they come up with.

I wish I had a few of those bazilllions :)
One of the reasons for the frustration is the fact that my contract here has ended and we're moving back home later this month. Our Acadia has been good to us: great family hauler and half decent moving truck (moved a free times), even with its problems. Would like to get it a new home rather than just ditching at the junkyard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts